Trading JPY Pairs Using Gain Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading JPY Pairs Using Gain Connection

I'm sorry if this is the wrong location for this post but I couldn't think of where to put it. I'm trying to test a strategy on a simulated account and I would like to trade half lots (5 mini lots). In non-JPY based major pairs it's as simple as just trading 50 "contracts" but with JPY based pairs the equivalent would be trading 0.5 contracts, which is not supported in NT. I'm wondering if someone can either help me directly or send me to a thread where this question has already been asked as I haven't found it.

Hello JVP3122,

Unfortunately decimal values are not supported for order quantities in NinjaTrader. When you trade with Gain, order quantities depend on your account with Gain. A value of 1 can indicate either a regular lot (100,000 base units) or mini lot (10,000 base units). It depends what order quantity is setup for your Gain account. So an order quantity of 50 will be 50 regular or 50 mini lots. I am not sure why you state order quantities for JPY pairs are different than other currency pairs.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After spending more than two weeks with Ninjatrader Platform Support and Forex.com chat, I have found that the optimization and backtest calculates 1 lot from Gain as 100K in JPY pairs but actual trades in simulation calculate as 1K as expected. I have not tried a live trade because I was afraid of $10/pip movement. After testing it in simulation, it seems that the problem with JPY pairs calculating as 100K only happens with optimization and backtesting, not with actual trading. If this is not the case and live trades move $10/pip, then I will post that issue here.

Comment

In my haste, I posted the previous reply incorrectly. My experience using Gain through Ninjatrader has been that the historical performance from a strategy on the chart is what calculates the JPY pairs using 1 lot as 100K and other pairs as 1K. The optimization and backtesting are different. Here the JPY pairs require a default quantity of 10 for 1K while other pairs require 1000 for 1K. This was the same with FXCM and Gain. In a live test using Gain, the JPY pairs actually traded one lot as 1K even though the strategy historical testing from the chart calculated one lot as 100K. I hope this helps anyone else who had this problem with the switch from FXCM to Gain.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post kujista
        by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
        1 response