Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can i connect to Forex.com (live account) and connected to Esignal as historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i connect to Forex.com (live account) and connected to Esignal as historical data

Hi,

I've just sign up for a live account at forex.com.

Since forex.com is providing Forexcharts (by esignal) for free if you fund the account more than $1k, and forexcharts has data manager as well.

Can i connect to forex.com (account 1 - to trade live) and then connect / use as backup data to esignal from data manager that forexcharts uses (using forex.com second account because they do not allow single account to connect to two charting software at the same - for backup data and historical data)?

Hope this can be done

Thank you
    Last edited by Greenmoney21; 06-20-2008, 03:49 AM.

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the complimentary Forexchart feed by eSignal. However, it is possible with their 'normal' data feed. More information can be found in the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How much will it cost me per-month to sign-up with esignal for historical data and live for forex.

Can i use E-signal for live and historical data and forex.com to just to key-in trades? I dont want to use two different providers data, coz later they wont be the same if we reload the chart later on.

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Unfortunately, this is not possible with the complimentary Forexchart feed by eSignal. However, it is possible with their 'normal' data feed. More information can be found in the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_esignal.htm

Comment

It is best to contact eSignal regarding their pricing model.

You can connect to eSignal first and Gain second to accomplish this. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I saw this link,
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_GAIN_gettingstarted.htm

' NOTE: Customers who open with $1000 or more and trade 1 standard lot (or 10 mini lots) per month will qualify for free historical data from eSignal for use with NinjaTrader charting. If you are interested in the eSignal offering please click the following link:
          http://www.efxnow.com/genr/advancedget.html?brand=NIJA '

Thats mean this process can be done. am i right?

It is best to contact eSignal regarding their pricing model.

You can connect to eSignal first and Gain second to accomplish this. More information can be found at the link below.
          http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html
          Last edited by Greenmoney21; 06-20-2008, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Gain Support informed a mutual client the following regarding the complimentary eSignal feed.

"Esignal has recently upgraded their software. The version that you have is the new version. They have taken tighter security measures with this new version of their charts. This means that you cannot connect eSignal with platforms such as Ninja Trader. They have to run separately. I apologize for this inconvenience but we must supply eSignal's upgraded software in order for the charts to function properly."

Comment

Hi,

Im sorry i didnt get what your trying to say, that means this process cant be done?

Gain Support informed a mutual client the following regarding the complimentary eSignal feed.

"Esignal has recently upgraded their software. The version that you have is the new version. They have taken tighter security measures with this new version of their charts. This means that you cannot connect eSignal with platforms such as Ninja Trader. They have to run separately. I apologize for this inconvenience but we must supply eSignal's upgraded software in order for the charts to function properly."

Comment

Correct, the complimentary eSignal feed can't be used in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Can this process be done in futures? Since its goin to be the same data feed provider once NT is upgraded? Or cant at all?

Correct, the complimentary eSignal feed can't be used in NinjaTrader.

Comment

You can connect to eSignal in NinjaTrader if you subscribe to their data feed, but not the complimentary feed provided via Gain.

As you can see in the link below, eSignal supports futures, equities, forex and indices data.

Comment

Hi, thanks your reply.

Can i know provider that provides Forex live and historical data (ticks data) at the cheapest cost for Ninja Trader?

Esignal is charging $100 per month.

Thanks

You can connect to eSignal in NinjaTrader if you subscribe to their data feed, but not the complimentary feed provided via Gain.

As you can see in the link below, eSignal supports futures, equities, forex and indices data.
                      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

Comment

I suggest to create a Gain demo connection using the instructions in the link below.

In addition, all supported data feed providers and what services they offer are listed at the link I included in my previous post.

Unfortunately, we do not have pricing information listed per data feed. It is best to contact the provider regarding this inquiry.

Comment

Hi jason,

I have demo account from gain for NT. But im not happy with the historical data, even NT Server's Historical data its not reliable.

I love to NT as my platform because of the support and great platform.

Since i have no alternative, i need to come extra $ for reliable live & historical data.

Do you know any cheapest provider (includes ticks data) for Forex?

Thank you

I suggest to create a Gain demo connection using the instructions in the link below.
                          http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_GAIN.htm

Comment

eSignal and IQFeed at this time. Barchart.com which we jus introduced has FX but only 1 minute snap shot data for FX.
                            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If NT can't use the complimentary esignal feed offered by gain, these web page should be changed, because it let the viewer think the opposite:

This text should be changed, as it is not fair to NT users:

NOTE: Customers who open with $1000 or more and trade 1 standard lot (or 10 mini lots) per month will qualify for free historical data from eSignal for use with NinjaTrader charting. If you are interested in the eSignal offering please click the following link:
                              http://www.efxnow.com/genr/advancedget.html?brand=NIJA

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R