Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM: Picking Up and Managing an ATM Strategy that was Entered (Filled) Via the DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM: Picking Up and Managing an ATM Strategy that was Entered (Filled) Via the DOM

Hi,

Is is possible to have a NinjaScript Strategy pick up and mangae an existing position (ATM Strategy) that was entered via the DOM with the mouse.

Basically, I want to enter the order manually (using the mouse) then "turn on" my exit Ninja script strategy where that will move stops, etc based on my logic.

I don't want the Ninja Script Strategy (to enter the trade via ATM). I simply want to manage one that was entered manually.

From the code it is hard to see what function or method I would use to accomplish this.

Thanks....

Mark

Hello,

You can move the orders, but the ATM will move them back to where you programmed it to. So functionaly, no you can't.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

You can move the orders, but the ATM will move them back to where you programmed it to. So functionaly, no you can't.

Ben,

Ok, forget ATM then, what I want to do is:

Basically, I want to enter the order manually (using the mouse) then "turn on" my exit Ninja script strategy where that will move stops, etc based on my logic.

Is this possible in any way with Ninja, I am looking for a solution to this problem of taking over an existing position and managing it until exit.

I need a way upon entering the Ninja Script Strategy of resolving Marketposition == Long or Short then I can place stop oders as I wish.

If you don't know how perhaps you can refer this to someone who might know how to do this. This seems pretty basic.

Thanks....

Mark

Comment

Hello,

This is not supported, sorry. Manual and Strategy trades are independent.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
          Hello,

This is not supported, sorry. Manual and Strategy trades are independent.
          That is hard to believe. I mean Ninja knows when I am flat or not so why can't my strategy.

Ok, so how is this handled. How does Ray or Derik suggest doing this? With an ATM Strategy that places the order? If so, how do they suggest making the order placement immediate when I have a 2 minute chart. I dont want to wait two minutes for an order entry and I hate to have a multi-series strategy or CalculateBarOnClose=False

I am a Ninja Trader 7 beta tester what is the

"Sync Account Position" setting for in Edit Strategy in Ninja Trader 7. What does that do?

I need a workable way to do this with Ninja Trader, can you provide suggestions for taking an existing position and managing it with Ninja Script in Ninja trader 7 or 6.5?

Thanks....

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mjuviler View Post
            That is hard to believe. I mean Ninja knows when I am flat or not so why can't my strategy.

Ok, so how is this handled. How does Ray or Derik suggest doing this? With an ATM Strategy that places the order? If so, how do they suggest making the order placement immediate when I have a 2 minute chart. I dont want to wait two minutes for an order entry and I hate to have a multi-series strategy or CalculateBarOnClose=False

I am a Ninja Trader 7 beta tester what is the

"Sync Account Position" setting for in Edit Strategy in Ninja Trader 7. What does that do?

I need a workable way to do this with Ninja Trader, can you provide suggestions for taking an existing position and managing it with Ninja Script in Ninja trader 7 or 6.5?

Thanks....

Mark
            Hi again,

Ray or Derik,

Can you respond to this thread and suggest how you would go about accomplishing this, what are my options, how would you do it (ATM, etc).

I am using NT7.

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Hello,

Since you are asking about NT7, I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

You can attach a strategy to your order that starts with placing a stop order and that is done as soon as it enters the opposite pos.

example: You are long.
                strategy: Will place a stop loss order and move the stop according to your ideas.

as soon as the strategy enters a short position your real postition becomes flat (you were long already) and you are done.

andreas

www.zweisteintrading.eu

Comment

Remember that NinjaScript strategies were never meant to manage manually traded positions. They have their own strategy position which may or may not be in sync with your account position. As you start a strategy if you have "Sync account position" selected, it will try to compensate the account position to your strategy position and will only place live trades through the strategy to your account after a sync has been reached on startup.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've got the same objective -- seems like a pretty basic objective (manually enter trade and then apply an automated exit strategy to the open position). Can this be done?

Rookie question, I know, but I guess it's not as obvious an answer as I had assumed it would be.

Thanks.

Comment

Turtle21,

You can use ATM strategies to manage manual trades. NinjaScript strategies are not meant for managing manual entries. There are ways you can get it to do so, but it was not designed for this purpose.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post TraderBCL  
                      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                      14 responses
                      0 likes