Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeframe Buttons

Hi,

I don't know if you have any plans to implement some timeframe buttons, but I'd like to suggest that you do so in the not to far future. I guess that not only I use multiple timeframes. But I can't keep all relevant timeframes open all the time for reasons of space and performance.

The current solution is not too bad, rather uncomfortable. Having to choose from a drop down menu is simply a bit time consuming, especially if you have to do it quite often. But what is really annoying is to have to open that data series menu every time one needs a certain timeframe that is not listed in the drop down menu. A user should not have to play around in that menu apart from some general settings or if he needs some special settings. Now of course you can't create buttons for every single odd setting, but I guess, there are some general setting most traders use in general. I added an example.

What is currently missing most (from my point of view) is the 120 min and 240 min setting.

Since this implementation shouldn't be too difficult and most probably bares no risk for overall stability, I hope to find that in one of the next releases.
    Attached Files

Hello NinjaTurtle,

I will forward your suggestion to include additional time frame options in the instrument drop down menu in the chart toolbar.

Please note that you can switch intervals through keyboard commands quickly as well. Please the link below under 'How to change a Data Series'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your answer. I just want to clarify, that I didn't mean to have these buttons implemented in a drop down menu but rather in the menu bar. I figure, there is still enough space left.

About your hint: This is of course a possible solution, but it has its caveats. When you switch to a higher timeframe, you usually do it in order to get a broader picture. But when I switch from a e.g. minute chart to a 4 hour/240 minute chart, the new chart keeps the "Days to load" settings (currently obviously 5). The result is, that I get a rather narrow/small 4 hour chart. This helps for a quick peek on the last candle(s) but not for a bigger picture.

On the other hand, I can't set the days to load setting higher on a minute chart just in order to get usable 4 hour charts since this would use way to many system resources and would have a negative impact on the performance.

One quick solution could be, that you add an "Hour" interval to your available suffixes and set the general days to load setting to e.g. 50 for this case. I don't know why this suffix is missing anyway. But the current solution to get an several hours chart by entering the corresponding minute value leads to narrow charts, since the general setting for days to load is obviously set to 5 in the minute charts. A useful solution for this problem is surely not to difficult.

Comment

Hello NinjaTurtle,

I see, thank you for clarifying.

I will forward your feedback regarding an hourly interval option as well.

Comment

Does anyone know if anything has been done about this? Is there a custom add on that can make his available?

I mean eSignal have had it for years. NT7 has to tabs available, so this would be a great feature for switching timeframes quickly...

Comment

Hello Pete,

I am not aware of such an add-on in NinjaTrader 7. However NinjaTrader 8 allows you to configure the intervals available in the chart toolbar.

Comment

NT8 Interval buttons.

Good day,
              Seen this thread and was wondering if updates were made to be able to have intervals on a bar ( http://prntscr.com/jqr1a4 ) instead of a drop down menu. Would be faster to review and switch.
              Thanks
              Bob

Comment

Just as easy to simply type 5M, 5T, 5R, etc. in the chart to change to a 5 timeframe chart. This is a more flexible approach rather than having a few fixed number custom buttons.

The beauty of NinjaTrader8 is its simple intuitive menu bar without too much cluttering.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
                  Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way to change the default time values in NT7 of the time button when using time bars? eg I use 3 min OHLC bars and wish to scan higher time frames. I never use the 1 and 2 min default times and would find replacing these with 120 min and 240 min useful. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this is not an option in NinjaTrader 7, however it was implemented in NinjaTrader 8.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                      Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                      14 responses
                      0 likes