Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to set orders (by click), stop with stop lose in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set orders (by click), stop with stop lose in it?

Hello,
    I need two orders, while It must be fast, if I can have a short cut, or by click... but must be quick.

1. Need to set order (stop or market) with a stop order (same amount of contracts) ready.
    So I set qty=1, and stop=3(ticks), then I will set (stop or market) orders to get in, while filled another reversing (exit) stop order in case it goes against me. same quantity.

2. more simple:
    I think the best is, by click on the dom (ask or bid), but the order should be stop order (not limit). This stop order should be with preset ticks back to set another stop order to exit if market goes against me.

I think it is too simple. I am new to NT. Use 7.

Thanks,
    Isaac

Hello Isaac,

You can assign hotkeys to trigger orders if you would like.

Below I am providing a link to the help guide which provides steps for setting up a hotkey and for trigger an order using a hotkey.

For placing orders on a Chart or SuperDOM, I recommend watching the video on order entry.
    Gain the ability to use the pre-loaded NinjaTrader tools to create basic and customized charts for market analytics live and simulated trading.2:15 Working w...

It is also possible to setup an Atm Strategy and save this as a template.
    Below I am providing a link to videos on setting up and saving Atm Strategies.
    Atm 201 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXP...DD7105&index=8
    Atm 301 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZUO...DD7105&index=9

There is also a Reverse at stop and Reverse at target options can can enable with an Atm Strategy.

Below I am providing a link to the help guide on Auto Reverse.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,
      I have a direct version.
      I just signed up for Market Data through MDE, now I think I have data, but I have only 5 rows, I understood that I should get full Level II data, as I know it should be 10 rows.

In addition, I worked with the free version (SIM@), then apply for Direct, and got a direct code to replace at the license key, but ATM strategy is not enabled...see attached.
      I wonder why.

would you help?

In addition, the middle button for stop orders is not working fluently.
      Could I change it to right or left or assign stop orders (with stop orders by ATM), in a shorter way?
      I will need to be quick on that and I think it is important.

Let me now please.

Isac

Comment

Hello Isaac,

The Direct Edition Licence is a limited license which, while allows for live trading, has some feature of NinjaTrader disabled, such as Atm Strategies.

Direct Edition license does not include:
        • Chart Trader
        • Advanced Trade Management (ATM) Strategies
        • Strategy Analyzer
        • One Cancels Other (OCO) Orders
        • Automated Trading
        • NinjaScript Development and Backtesting
        • Order Entry Hot Keys
        • Volume-Triggered Simulated Stop Orders
        • Negative values on stop limit offsets

To enable Atm Strategies you will need a Single Broker License.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
        The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you a choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
        • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $999
        • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
        • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-25-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I saw the options on:
          http://ninjatrader.com/BuyPlatform.
          and did not see a $50/month option.

I can take this option, if I will be allowed.
          Please let anyone from platform sales team to show me how I can set a $50 a month...
          I am sure that within the first month, I will know if I get the hang of trading futures...
          I must have ATM, and better have the Chart Trader option...
          The middle button stop order, is not functioning well on the DOM.

Thank you,
          Isaac

Comment

Hello Isaac,

The Live License key is necessary when you are ready to begin live trading.

If you are wanting to practice using NinjaTrader until you learn the system, you can use the Free Simulation License key to practice trade without purchasing a Live License.
            The Free Simulation License unlocks all features such as Atm Strategies and Chart Trader, allows you to connect to any supported broker or data provider, allows for practice trades to be placed to the built in Sim101 account, but does not allow for Live Trading to a live connected broker.

The Free Simulation License does not expire. You can use this to practice for as long as you would like. Once you are ready to trade live, you will need a Live License key. For all features such as Atm Strategies and Chart Trader, you will need a Single (or Multi) Broker License.

The annual 1 year lease breaks down to 50 per month. The 3 month quarterly lease breaks down to 60 per month. The smallest lease available is a 3 month lease.

You can contact the NinjaTrader sales department at platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

When using the middle mouse button on the SuperDOM are you getting an error message or is no action happening at all?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
            19 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Radano
            by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
            0 responses