Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enhanced Heiken Ashi indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I can post a repackaged version.

In the meantime, let me ask you a question -- have you tried the V7 Hekken Ashi indicator? Mine is just an adaptation of their code.

Please give that a try to help partition the problem. If theirs has the problem as well, then the ball is in NT's court. If only mine shows the problem, I'll try to see what I am doing different.

Thanks,
    EV

Comment

Hi EV,

As a matter of fact, I did use their standard HA indi without issue...so perhaps I just need a fresh reload of the RWBHA. Hopefully that will do the trick?

I'll keep you posted regardless ;-)

Thx again - Mongo

Comment

This is the latest version, posted at majormongo's request. There is no significant difference, so no one else needs to update their version.

--EV

EDIT: I removed the attachment. There is a later version in a more recent posting in this thread.
        Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 01-21-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Thx EV...much appreciated. I'll keep you posted.

MM

Comment

EV - perhaps you can help me get a NT support tech involved?

I loaded 6 pairs total on NT 7.0: Three were JPY pairs, Three were USD pairs

- EURJPY, GBPJPY, USDJPY and ALL (3) JPY's loaded seamlessly;
            loaded both the HArwb, and MArwb's (see pic)

- EURUSD, AUDUSD and NZDUSD were all corrupt of did not load (see pic)

WEIRD! and I have no clue as to why - see for yourself. any ideas?

Mongo
            Attached Files

Comment

I was not clear on your reference to RwbMA -- are you seeing the same thing there (that the JPY ones work, and the USD ones do not)?

--EV

Comment

EV...

the HArwb indi is what is giving me fits. The pix sent show a JPY successful load and a USD unsuccessful load of that indicator. ALL (3) of my JPY charts opened seamlessly - no issues at all. My (3) USD charts all loaded "corrupt" of showing the HA candles as "lines" (see pic).

I spoke to Betrand of NT support (via email) and he said unfortunately they cannot assist on a NON-compliant NT indicators. He said that with .CS indicators, sometimes they work, sometimes not.

What is perplexing to me is WHY I have success with JPY pairs yet not with ANY USD pairs...that is a mystery to me.

The MArwb was just placed on the charts as I wanted to see how or if that affected my charts...it did not.

Mongo

Comment

I'll take a look and compare mine to theirs again, and look for anything I know is non-compliant.

The only non-compliant thing I can think of off hand is that it starts from their own indicator, which they admit is itself non-compliant but they say there is no other way to do the job I have already suggested that if a capability is needed enough that even their own indicator must resort to unsupported code to do it,then there is obviously a pressing need for a supported way to do the same thing.

I am bothered by the fact that as far as I know, those USD data streams are the ONLY thing it does not work on, and only for you (works for me).

-- Bob

Comment

My thanks to MajorMongo for alerting me to the problem. It turned out to be that I had not allowed for the 4+ decimal digit pricing of the Forex instruments.

I have attached an updated version that fixes the bug. This will affect you only if you are charting instruments with more than two decimal digit pricing. Nevertheless, I do recommend you upgrade to this version. I shall remove the previous version from the thread.

--EV

EDIT: attachment removed because there is now a newer version later in the thread.
                    Last edited by ETFVoyageur; 02-02-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

This is an updated version. The main changes are:

*) Fixed a bug with colored tails -- they did not get displayed with the correct bodies when scrolling to the left.

*) Added flexibility in setting colored tails so that they can be more prominent. Basically, colored tails are now configured independently from the default tails.

--EV
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi.
                        Failed to import on NT7.
                        something about "duplicate method names" and/or "missing file" ?
                        any ideas ?

Many thx

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
                          Hi.
                          Failed to import on NT7.
                          something about "duplicate method names" and/or "missing file" ?
                          any ideas ?

Many thx
                          Can you please post exactly what the error said?

Thanks,
                          EV

Comment

Originally posted by ETFVoyageur View Post
                            Can you please post exactly what the error said?

Thanks,
                            EV
                            error message reads:

"Import Failed.
                            The Ninjascript Archive File may contain duplicate method names
                            that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing
                            on either your PC or in the import archive"

Hope that helps.
                            thx

Comment

This indicator did get renamed at one point. If you still have the old one lying around (RwbHeikenAshi, I believe) you need to remove it first.

I don't really think that even that would cause the problem, but let's start by ruling it out.

-----

Moderator -- is there any chance of getting a more helpful error message? As is, when it is coming from someone else's computer, I have no way to know what the problem might be.

Since the message does mention NinjaScript, you obviously control the message. If you could please give the names that are causing the problem, that would be a major help is a circumstance like this.

-----

Any help on how I can find out what this user's problem might be would be appreciated. The indicator he is trying to install is RwbHA. From a naming point of view, there are only two things:
                              • The class itself. That is named in a manner that makes it unlikely to collide with anything else. Names within the class should not matter.

• There are two enum definitions for properties. They are in the namespace "RwbHA", so they too should cause no problems. That namespace is used nowhere else.

--EV

Comment

Originally posted by ETFVoyageur View Post
                                This indicator did get renamed at one point. If you still have the old one lying around (RwbHeikenAshi, I believe) you need to remove it first.

I don't really think that even that would cause the problem, but let's start by ruling it out.
                                nowhere else.--EV
                                I had no other versions of your indicator prior to trying to import your zip for the first time from post#25..

??
                                Thx

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                                3 responses