Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to combine two Dataseries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to combine two Dataseries

I run a strategy on a 60 minute graph. In the strategy I use two additional DataSeries, both using a highre timeframe (daily data). Now I want to create a new array containing the difference between those two DataSeries, but the new created array should have the same amount of elements as the two daily dataseries 9and not the same amount of bars as the graph. Anyone some guidelines/suggestion?

Hello Renejm,

Thanks for writing in today.

When writing C#, we create arrays as objects and we assign a number of elements when we instantiate the array. This allows us to create a dynamic array with a specific number of elements that can be based on calculation.

You must first sync your DataSeries, then you may create an array based on the Count property of your additional DataSeries. Once created, you can loop through your array and assign the difference of your two additional DataSeries.

The functionality for syncing DataSeries can be referenced here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3572

I have also modified this script to outline what you are describing and I have attached it to this message.

You may view the MSDN tutorial on using arrays in C# here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.71).aspx

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Gerik
    by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM