BuySellVolume Indicator does not work properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BuySellVolume Indicator does not work properly

According to your definition for this indi it has to show as a histogram Buy volume and sell volume...

======================
    Description
    The BuySellVolume indicator displays a real-time horizontal histogram of volume categorized as buy or sell trades. Trades are categorized in real-time as a buy (at the ask or above) or as a sell (at the bid or below) and then color coded .... Trades in between the market are ignored.
    =======================

But.... i affraid to report that it is not working in that way

I am interested in having a separated view of BID volumen from ASK volume as separated histograms view image (link https://www.screencast.com/t/RweWQcIZD )

But i was really surprised and disappointed to realize that BUy Volume is equal to total volume as you can verify in the databox from the image.

I review the code and for BuyVolume your indicator is adding (buy + sell)

Please review it and fixed it.

If you can make available the fixed indicator here I will be really grateful.

Thanks a lot for you help

Hello marcochapuli,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

Your observations are correct, the buy volume display does consist of the sell + buy volume. This was done so that the two volumes would be able to be displayed relative to each other. Think of it this way, if you look at the display you see the red sell volume, above the sell volume is the buy volume, so in a stacked bar type of display. This is consistent with the way it was displayed in NinjaTrader7.

As an alternative, you can download the indicator BST Volume which provides 3 plots of sell, buy and total that are not stacked. You have the option to turn off total volume. Here is a short video that discusses the options available with the BST Volume indicator: http://www.screencast.com/t/XdTZ9yCb Here is a link to the indicator which can be found, with others, in the Version 8 indicators section of the forum: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...hp?&linkid=729
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes