Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy/Sell Marker connecting lines possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy/Sell Marker connecting lines possible??

I am having a very hard time working out where I bought and sold in hindsight on NT charts. Even going through the account performance is not easy to work this out IMO. NT is seriously lacking in this regard (unless someone can please enlighten me).

Mt4 has got a great feature which connects your buy and sell markers so it's very easy to see where you got in and got out. Is there such a thing in NT?

Hello cencored,

Unfortunately this is not supported when you trade manually. It is supported when running a NinjaScript strategy.

Please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. The 'Plot executions' setting allows you to choose how historical executions are displayed. You can disable it, show markers only or show the markers with prices. The 'NinjaScript strategy (un)profitable trades' settings are used to draw lines between entry and exit for trades from a NinjaScript strategy.

You could manually draw lines between entries and exits that were not triggered by a NinjaScript strategy as a workaround.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

[QUOTE=I am having a very hard time working out where I bought and sold in hindsight on NT charts. Even going through the account performance is not easy to work this out IMO. NT is seriously lacking in this regard...[/QUOTE]

Agreed ~ this is basic functionality which isn't available even in NT8. Very difficult to assess how individual trades have performed when it's so difficult to see the entry and exit points. How I wish the indicator I'm using was available in my trusty old Sierra Chart platform!

Comment

Can you add this as a feature request? It seems like it should be included.

It could be an additional menu choice "Plot markers and connecting lines"

Comment

Hello armybender,

I will forward the suggestion to support such an option to development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion is present on the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-271. We added your vote.

Comment

Hi, Was this ever an add on created to connect the buy and sell markers?

Comment

Hello Wsnorton,

I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created add-ons from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party add-ons (Trading Indicators) that offer the functionality you seek.
                Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find what you need, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer (Programmers) to create a custom add-on for you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                10 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post frankthearm  
                Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes