Request: NT8 right click to paste current price to price fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: NT8 right click to paste current price to price fields

In NT7, there was the ability to use a middle mouse click to copy the current market price to the stop loss and/or profit fields in the chart trader atm strategy. This was a very handy feature that is unfortunately no longer available in NT8.

However I noticed that if I right click on these field NT8, there is already options to cut, copy, and paste to those fields.

So I would like to propose adding another option to this right click menu for "paste current price" to bring back this small but very useful feature from NT7. This should be quite easy to implement as the mechanism is already there.

Thanks.

Hello Softturbo,

To clarify, you are specifically using the 'Parameter type' as 'Price' in the SuperDOM / Chart Trader properties of NinjaTrader 7, creating a new Atm Strategy, and middle mouse clicking in the Target 1 -> Stop loss: and Profit target fields, is this correct?

In NinjaTrader 8, when creating an Atm Strategy the Parameter type is set to Price, and in the right-click context menu of the Stop loss and Profit column values you'd like an option to set to the current last price, is this correct?

Thanks for the great suggestion.

I've submitted a feature request to our development department on your behalf to add a 'Paste current price' in the context menu for Stop loss and Profit in the Atm Strategy window.
    Once I have a tracking ID for this request, I will post the ID in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Your description is exactly what I am requesting. Although I am still not sure what the parameter type "currency" means? Is that basically they same as price but for currencies? If so, it would be great to have the paste current price function there as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Softturbo,

I've received a tracking ID for your feature request from our development. Your request to paste in current price into stop / target value fields in price mode is being tracked with ID #SFT-1748.

It is up to our development to decide if and when a feature request will be implemented. We appreciate your suggestions, please let us know of any other requests or suggestions you may have.

The Currency option allows you to set the stop loss a distance away based on the price per point and tick size for an amount of profit or loss.

For example:
        The ES has a point value of 50 and a tick size of .25. Each tick is 12.50.
        Setting the stop loss to 100 with the parameter type set to currency, would put the stop loss at 8 ticks (2 points) below the entry point.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Regarding the currency option, is the stop loss set per contract or for the whole order? i.e. Do I have to set put 200 in the parameter for a 8 ticks stop if I have 2 contracts in your example? And what happens if the value is not an exact multiple of the tick value such as 110?

Comment

Hello Softturbo,

Yes, this does use the number of contracts for the calculation.

For example, when placing an order on the ES with the Parameter type as Currency, with the quantity set to 2, and the Stop loss set to 100, the stop loss will be placed 4 ticks away instead of 8, as the distance is halved with twice the quantity.

The targets are independent. So Target 1 is calculated separate from Target 2.

When using a value that does not calculate exactly, this will be rounded to the nearest tick size.

Comment

Do I have to set put 200 in the parameter for a 8 ticks stop if I have 2 contracts in your example?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for writing back.

Yes, if you are calculating an ATM strategy using the Currency parameter, you must use 200 as the stop loss parameter to place an 8 tick stop loss with 2 contracts.

You may consider that the stop loss using the currency parameter must be the number of contracts, times the number of ticks, times the tick value.

For your reference I will link you to the help documentation on ATM strategies in NinjaTrader 8: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...gement_atm.htm

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
                JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes