NT8 Strategy Builder PnL Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Strategy Builder PnL Request

I tried to setup a PnL limit for a strategy I built using Strategy Builder in NT8. I wanted to find out if hitting a certain profit target and then quit trading for the day worked well.
    I put in 500 as the realized PnL and the test was for 20 days. The strategy hit the PnL the first day and then did not trade again for the next 19 days. NT Support said the Pnl could not reset for a multi day test which makes it nearly worthless.

I am asking if NT would find a way in Strategy Builder to make the Realized PnL reset at the end of each day's close.

Hello 123r34,

To reset a variable that is tracking the daily PnL, you would need to accumulate the PnL to a variable.
    The Strategy Builder in NinjaTrader 8 is not able to do compound assignments and is only able to do simple assignments. In other words, it would not be able to accumulate PnL values to a variable.

Preventing a strategy from trading after an amount of loss or gain requires some math as well as / or compound assignments. This would be something more advanced that what the Strategy Builder is capable of. (The Strategy Wizard in NinjaTrader 7 is also not capable of math or compound assignments)

Below are links to a examples of a daily loss limit for NT7. The concept is the same for NT8.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes