Daily Time Frame Session Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Time Frame Session Template

I first made this feedback during NT8 Beta how comes you guys have not yet fix it?
    It doesn't make any sense i am looking at the huge different, it's not even usable.

same daily chart one from Barcharts and one from NT.

Please allow us to apply Session Templates to higher time frames Daily Weekly and Monthly Yearly.

ID # SFT-829
    Attached Files

The daily data I'm seeing on my 6B 03-17 NinjaTrader chart using NinjaTrader historical data does not look as spotty as your chart.

If you right-click on your chart and select 'Reload all historical data', does the data improve?

To directly address your question, we are still tracking this feature request but I have no further updates.

An important thing to note is that daily data is sent by the data provider with only an OHLCV value. There is no intra-day data to apply trading hours to.

NinjaTrader's historical data servers now provide historical data in ETH hours. NinjaTrader 7 only recorded daily data in RTH.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      The daily data I'm seeing on my 6B 03-17 NinjaTrader chart using NinjaTrader historical data does not look as spotty as your chart.

If you right-click on your chart and select 'Reload all historical data', does the data improve?

To directly address your question, we are still tracking this feature request but I have no further updates.

An important thing to note is that daily data is sent by the data provider with only an OHLCV value. There is no intra-day data to apply trading hours to.

NinjaTrader's historical data servers now provide historical data in ETH hours. NinjaTrader 7 only recorded daily data in RTH.
      Yes i have played with it many times - tried everything doesn't improve.

Like i said on previous topics, the only way to by-pass it's to use 1440 minutes to build a Daily chart the correct way it should look, because Session Templates can be control bellow Daily Time Frames such as minutes time frame, but that leaves Weekly and above unable to be built in such a way.

I am using the Data Provider(Continuum) that are coming off from your own Brokerage service.

But when I use the EOD Kinetick i get the correct Daily charts as you suggested.

So this is more of a broker side issue then a NT issue? but still be helpful to be able to build custom daily charts and above using session templates OHLCV.

Comment

I believe it is a local issue with the historical data you currently have saved as I do not see this same 'spotty' chart when using the same historical data servers.

Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can further troubleshoot what you're experiencing. Please make sure to include a link to this forum thread and reference ticket #1635887 in the body of your message.

The feature request is being tracked as it was previously under SFT-829. I have no update at this time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses