Ninjascript Editor and strategy analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Editor and strategy analyzer

I would like to suggest some changes to the NinjaScript Editor and Strategy Tester. When a script is compiled it can sometimes take a while before it successfully compiles. I often make a lot of edits to the code, and recompile it. The way it notifies that it's complete is by a beep, but I'd like to have a visual notification of some sort. Maybe a green light to show that it's done.

When running the strategy tester, it's obviously dependent on system resources as to how many calculations it can run when optimizing a strategy before it reaches it's limit. It'd be helpful if Ninjatrader had some way of handling this limit before it was reached, and either slow down or halt the operation. Usually it'll end up crashing either the program or the system if it runs out of memory, and by that time it's too late to abort.

Strategy testing is an important part of finding the right settings that work, so I tend to push it to run a lot of iterations. I don't think the analyzer is freeing up resources after it's 1st run, as it will often run smoothly the first time, and then freeze on a 2nd or 3rd test. Also I checked what resources were being used, and both the RAM and the hard disk had reached near maximum, but the CPU which has 4 cores wasn't being used at all, maybe about 4%. This could've been because it reached the limit with RAM, so it's just an observation. The CPU can usually render HD video without too much effort, so I would've thought it could handle the strategy analyzer. Anyway, that's my feedback and suggestions. Thanks.

Hello Matts, and thank you for your question.

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This user would like a visual bell in the Strategy Editor

I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Matts,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-45

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher Leggit, 02-15-2024, 09:00 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rdtdale
      by rdtdale

Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
      0 responses