Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Moving Stop loss in trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Moving Stop loss in trade

Hello,
    I have strategy, which helps me with life trading. Sometimes happens that I got error that stop loss in long position is placed above actual price. this is how it happens:
    1) Make entry long (filled at 100.00)
    2) I am 7 ticks in profit (100.70) i want to be on entry price + 2 ticks
    3) I call SetStopLoss(100.20 - two ticks) but sometimes happens that price goes against me and meanwhile setstoploss is being processed price goes below 100.20 and i got error.

How can i handle this?
    Thanks for help

Paul

Hello Kujista,

Thank you for your note.

If you'd like to submit your log and trace files with the exact time this occurred I could investigate a specific case otherwise it sounds like the issue is you are working a stop to close to the current market price. In something like crude oil, a 4 tick move could happen very quickly, thus by the time your stop is submitted the stop price is not valid by the time the order gets to the exchange.

To avoid having a stop order rejected, you should work a stop with a larger stop value. For example instead of risking 2 ticks, you should risk 4 ticks.

If you'd like to investigate a specific case, please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and the files.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

well i havent got log now. but what i was expecting is some event catcher which prevents from stopping strategy when i accidentally try to set stop loss in long position above the actual price (like in chart trader, where i cannot move price up and error never ocures even when i move sl very near to actual price)

Comment

Hello kujista,

I would suggest seeing the following post, and writing logic to handle/resubmit rejected orders.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes