Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Series<T> with multi timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series<T> with multi timeframe

Hi,

[Note - I have accidentally posted this in the Nt7, not 8 forum! Sorry - Could not figure out how to delete it]

I have a chart that can be any time period, but I also add some additional data series to them for the indicator. All those additions are 30 second series.

I want to add a Series. This will hold a calculation of 2 or more of the 30 second data series values. When I do this though, the Series only matches the barcount of the main data series, which could be anything.I've read through the docs, but am missing something....

How can I use a data series with a 30 second period, to match the additional data series rather than the primary user added one that is charted?

For example

AddDataSeries("VOL", Data.BarsPeriodType.Second, 30, Data.MarketDataType.Last);

and I have

volseries = new Series<double>(this, MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite);

The main series for example may be a 900 tick chart. The volseries will be created with that bar array. I want it created based on the adddataseries array. Is this possible? It looked in the docs you could pass a 'Bars' object, but I could not get it to work.

I could just use a double[] instead, but then some of the NT functions I was using are no longer usable.

Thanks.

OK, please ignore - Finally figured it out. Found I can pass BarsArray[dataseries], so working OK now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jculp