Market order rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello gjing,

I work in the NinjaTrader Platform Support and I am not a broker and I do not have access to your account.

To contact the NinjaTrader Brokerage Support please send an email to brokeragesupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

No, OCO local or native will not affect an order being rejected due to an invalid price. Only an invalid price will cause an order to be rejected due to an invalid price.

Local OCO should not be enabled unless directed to by the NinjaTrader staff.

Native OCO uses oco strings and will perform the oco action of cancelling the opposing order(s) instantaneously on the exchange side.

Local OCO will not submit oco strings to the exchange and instead will receive a message that an order filled or was cancelled and then will submit a cancellation from the local computer to the exchange to cancel the opposing orders. This means messages have to travel through the internet and are subject to in-flight-executions.

Below is a publicly available link to the help guide on the Risks of electronic trading with NinjaTrader. Please see the section 'In Flight Executions'.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I wanna fix this by changing the "RealtimeErrorHandling" to "TakeNoAction" so that way the strategy does not get disabled if I receive an order rejection.

My only concern is the stop order is executed by submitting a Market order and the position is closed. Do I need to do anything to check the state of the order?

Comment

Hello gjing,

Thank you for your response.

If you use 'RealtimeErrorHandling.TakeNoAction' you would need to monitor the orders yourself through OnOrderUpdate() and ensure rejected orders are handling proper to your strategy logic.

Please visit the following links for more information:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

In my script, I'm now using "SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, value)" for my stop order. If I change it to "SetStopLoss(string fromEntrySignal, CalculationMode.Price, value, true)" and once triggered, will it guarantee the stop order to be submitted as market and then executed, and then the position is closed? Will I get order rejected error and the strategy get disabled in this case?

Comment

Hello gjing,

Thank you for your response.

Simulated Stop orders will become market orders when triggered. Keep in mind that the Stop order is not present and if you were to lose connection you would have no protective Stop order active on the broker or exchange server. In addition, Since Simulated Stop orders are held on your PC and submitted live when they trigger, it is possible that the order is rejected should you not have available margin to place this order.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jclose
            by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
            10 responses
            0 likes