Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Lines

Hi,
    I'm plotting a horizontal line on a Renko chart. Most of the time it works fine. The problem occurs when there are bars with the same time stamp; for example, 18:00:00:023 (bar index 447), 18:00:00:023 (bar index 448), 18:00:00:023 (bar index 449), 18:00:00:050 (bar index 450) .The line stops drawing on the first of those bars

I understand why this is happening. The overloads for DrawLine allow you to start/end plotting at either startBarsAgo/endBarsAgo OR startTime/endTime. In my situation I need to use a DateTime to begin plotting and therefore I am stuck with using a DateTime to terminate the plot. Unfortunately Time[0] only gives a time stamp accurate to seconds and therefore the plot terminates early.

I think the plot might work if it were possible to have an overload that would allow the use of DateTime and barsAgo interchangeably. But I am not sure of that. Can you suggest how I can extend my plot to bars with the same Time[0] value time stamp but which differ in the millisecond portion of the time stamp as seen in the Data Box? Thank you.

Hello Zeos6,

Thanks for your inquiry.

After looking into this further, it appears that the DateTime value of the Time object is used to find a slot to place the ChartAnchor of the Drawing Tool.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf asking for DrawingTool overloads that accept millisecond granularity. I will update this post with the ticket ID after it has become available.

EDIT: This feature request is being tracked with the ticket ID SFT-2696. This feature's implementation can be found in the Release Notes of the version of NinjaTrader that includes the feature. You can find the Release Notes here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Feature requests are fulfilled based on our development team's schedule and priorities and we cannot provide a time frame for it to become available.

In the meantime, you could devise a workaround by using custom rendering to draw a line to actual pixel coordinates that are translated from how many milliseconds the time you want to plot is offset from the slot's time.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 09-20-2017, 02:43 PM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes