Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Auto Fibonacci Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Fibonacci Expansion

Hi

I am new to Ninjatrader and enjoying this software. Thanks to the original author/programmer for the indicator Fibonacci Cluster. Can any of the expert help me in modifying how the indicator uses swing high and lows for plotting the fib extension values. What I am trying to do is, in a downtrend, plot extensions upward based on the upswings in downtrend from the current low and plot extension based on downswing in uptrend from the current high.

I have attached a chart to show what I am trying to do. All the help is appreciated
    Thanks
    Attached Files

you may want to take a look at the TD Wave indicator in the indicator sharing section.

Comment

i am trying to load the fib cluster indicator. i have imported and load it to my chart. unfortunately, nothing shows up.

i have expanded the margin and i believe i did set the times up properly.

any one have a suggestion.

Comment

Do you see any errors in the log tab after applying the indicator? Have you tried contacting the original author?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no no errors. yes in communication with original author. hoping to hear back soon.
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trader1512 View Post
            no no errors. yes in communication with original author. hoping to hear back soon.
            thanks
            I have the exact same problem. If you end up finding a resolution and could report back, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment

i will as soon as i know. what are you using for support resistance.

Comment

here is the reply i received. am going to try with minutes

I am afraid that the indicator might not work on tick or volume charts. The indicator should work on fixed time intervals such as 1, 5, 17 or 33 min bars. The whole logic of the indicator is based on sessions, actually it is an offshoot of my pivots indicator, so it would be difficult to change the logic to be compatible with tick or volume charts - although this possibly can be done.

Comment

here is the reply i received. am going to try with minutes

I am afraid that the indicator might not work on tick or volume charts. The indicator should work on fixed time intervals such as 1, 5, 17 or 33 min bars. The whole logic of the indicator is based on sessions, actually it is an offshoot of my pivots indicator, so it would be difficult to change the logic to be compatible with tick or volume charts - although this possibly can be done.
                  Thanks for replying. I typically use tick bars, but will also try this indicator with min bars.

Comment

tried minutes but no luck. well the search continues. what are you using for support and resistance at this point

Comment

tried minutes but no luck. well the search continues. what are you using for support and resistance at this point
                      i use fib levels that i draw with the standard fib tool (F8) as well as short term historical swing points that i mark manually . . . to a lesser extent, i use the upper and lower boundaries of the "standard error smoothed" indicator

Comment

thanks. pretty much the same, use murray math and the td wave indicator.

Comment

auto extension indicator

as discussed here:
                          Download my MT4 chart templates, profiles, indicators and pivot points for FREE: http://www.MetaTraders.comThis is an educational video to show forex traders...

certain expansion levels should be used when certain retracements happend:

so i wonder if it is possible to build a strategy in ninjatrader to trade this logic, if it is such an universal thing it should be very tradeable?

Did someone already made a auto fib expansion indicator that used the last swing high and low for calculation?

Comment

Just to check, I reimported the indicator and applied it to an ES 06-09 3 min chart (see chart below). The indicator does not use any specific functions, so it should work on any chart with fixed time intervals. I used a lookback period of 30 days.

Settings required (chart properties):
                            Right side margin 150
                            Color for background 0;0;64 (or you can modify the colours of the lines)

What NT version do you use? I am using 6.5.1000.9.
                            What is your time zone?

The indicator also can display Fibonacci extensions. It shoud definitely run on your PC. Did you use this link?

Attached Files

Comment

If the indicator displays nothing this might be the reason

I am using this indicator for futures contracts. Each future is traded at a market, for which you may define session times by using the local time of the exchange. Within the indicator the main future contracts are attached to the market. Example: ES belongs to the market "CME_Index". The indicator is preconfigured for session from 15:30 to 15:30 Central Time (local time of Chicago). This is because users of NT have different local PC times, and the indicator converts the local PC time to market time. This is necessary to display the correct date for the Fibonacci retracements, dates you need, if you compare the lines with a daily chart.

You can check the lines 666-740 of the indicator to find the instruments that are included. For all instruments included as well as for currencies the indicator will automatically take into account summer time when displaying sessions.

If the instrument you wish to trade is not included, then you need to set the indicator to Local_Session mode (Local_Session = true). You would then need to convert the session time of the stock exchange to your local PC time and enter it in the indicator panel under S_Begin_Local and S_End_Local. Please be aware that in this case, the indicator will not automatically adapt to summer time.

Please let me know, if this helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                              6 responses
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ultls
                              by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                              0 responses