Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not adjusted Continuous chart

Dear Sirs

please add to your nice program tha ability to create a not adjusted continuous chart , right now (by the Merge command) there is the possibility to create a backadjusted continuous chart and that's a very handy feature if one wants a continuous chart withouts any gaps , but for a chart reader which is interested in support - resistance levels actually created by the market during the past that's not useful because the levels are not there anymore due to the adjustment factor.
    So far only way to get a not adjusted continuous chart is to export the expiring contract data before the rollover date/rename it as the new expiration contract /import back the historical data , unfortunately this procedure is easily error-prone.
    It would be very very handy to have a command (similar to The Merge command for the backadjusted) which will do this automatically.
    I guess this would be easier to program respect to the Merge command because there is no adjustment to do on the historical data.

Rgds.

Massimo.

HI Massimo,

Thank you for your suggestion.
    I will pass it along to development and ask if they can add it to the list of future considerations.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Sirs

please add the capability to create a non-adjusted continuous chart , because at roll-over the manual procedure to export-rename-import is a nightmare to say the least .
      Furthermore it should be much simpler than the procedure which exists right now to create a backadjusted continuous chart because it doesn't involve any operation on the database but renaming the old contract as the new one.
      Please consider this request .

rgds

Massimo

Comment

This is on the list of our NT7 features. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Comment

Dear Sirs

any news about this request?
          At each roll-over the manual procedure gets worse and worse ......

Rgds

Comment

It still is on our list of NT7 features. First beta end of this year.

Comment

That's great news Dierk,
              i asked for this long time ago...please tell me will that include automatic rollover shedule defined by the user ? as ensign software has?

it's very simple approach and what we really need ... it will be very helpfull for us traders trading different markets and exchanges... many thanks.

kon

Comment

NT7 will have more convenience to handle historical data on continuous contracts. You still will need to select the expiry you want to trade explicitly. We'll provide more details as appropriate.

Comment

Non adjusted Continuous chart

Hi Dierk and others at Ninja,
                  this is something so needed and wanted by anyone that needs to trade accurate support and resistance levels, to have a continuous contract that does NOT price adjust.

Please, please put it on the top priority.
                  many thanks
                  Peter

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We will put it on the list of future considerations.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with Piper on that. We need that to at least be an option but needs to be moved to 'critical' on your priorities for development.

Comment

NT7 will have the ability to merge adjusted or non-adjusted.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray,
                          look forward to it

Peter

Comment

Dierk ,

the point here is if this procedure will be automated and predefined by the user ....personnaly i trade futures in US Eurex and Euronext...it's very hard
                            to remember the exact dates to schedule the rollovers and merge all those symbols manually in order to maintain a continuous dataseries for charting and backtesting purposes...i hope you realize what i am saying..

Comment

Piper,
                              i dissagree with you, you NEED backadjusted dataseries in order to trade
                              the right support and resistance levels accurately. Believe me , i am doing that the last 8 years backadjusting contracts manually in Omega's GlobaServer.....
                              What type of backadjustement is the question....but this is a big conversation...the most common way is the point backadjustment...
                              I am sorry for my bad english..

Kon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                              95 responses