Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi-Instrument Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Instrument Indicator

Hi, I am developing an indicator based multiple contracts from multiple exchanges. I have I used: Add("Contract", PeriodType.Minute, 1) to pull in my contracts. I then use plot by calling a fomula based on the muliple series (BarsArray[int][int]). When I do this using contracts on one exchange it plots fine, however if I use contracts from different exchanges it does not plot.

for example if I call "FDAX 03-12" "ES 03-12" into my Add, it will not plot. But If I call in "FDAX 03-12" and "FESX 03-12" it plots correctly.

I can't figure out for the life of me why this is or how to remedy this. If you guys have any ideas please post in. Thanks.

hunt4alpha, do you see any errors in the Log tab as this study would not plot as you expect? Does it depend on certain session hours being used? As for example the ES and FDAX native trading hours are not the same and this would be set by the session template assigned to each symbol under Tools > Instrument Manager.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have the session templates set to default 24/7. I have not found an error, where could I locate one if it is reported?
      Last edited by hunt4alpha; 02-22-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I tried plotting ES 03-12 and FDAX 03-12, and applied my "Spread", "Index", and "Ratio" indicators (posted in the libraries) to them, and they work fine for me. You can try the same thing to see if it works for you; if it works, then the problem is in your code and you can look at my indicator code to see how I did it. If it doesn't work, then there is a problem outside of the code (don't know what it could be, maybe session or datafeed settings).

-Kevin
        Attached Files

Comment

Posted in "The libraries"? Can you please direct me to the download. Thanks.

Comment

Uh, that would be in the "Version 7 Indicators" section of the "NinjaScript File Sharing" area of the Forum....

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=456

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses