A more intuitive and simpler expiry management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A more intuitive and simpler expiry management

Would like to start off saying NT8 is great.

But there is one thing I had hoped NT would've changed but still hasn't. Currently it is cumbersome to quickly roll forward or backward the current contract on say a chart or DOM. The only way I can do it now would be to open my instrument list, search the contract and remove expiring and adding the new and saving the new list. And only then can I apply the contract to a chart or other window. Or I would have to have my list contain a few months of expiry of the same contract and that can get bloated and cumbersome quickly. I also would have to maintain and keep that list somewhat current as well.

It would be much more intuitive, if say I can right click any contract in my market analyzer window and it gives me the option of rolling forward or backward one month right then and there. And if I can then right click that same contract in the market analzyer which would give me an option to open a chart of contract in the highlighted row.

Just a suggestion I hope developers can add soon and feel would improve NT in the future. Any feeback or ideas from NT community also welcome!

Thanks for the suggestions. I will submit your specific feature request to the Development Team.

There are two features of the platform which I think you may find helpful -

1) You can type directly into most windows to change/add the instrument and expiry.

For example, lets say your chart is on the CL 05-17 and you wish to view the CL 06-17. Left-click in a blank area of your chart window to select the chart then simply begin typing 'CL 06-17' and press enter. The mini data series window will automatically appear as you type.

This feature can also be used to change intervals, and can be used with most other NinjaTrader windows including the SuperDOM and Market Analyzer. See the 'Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals with the Keyboard' section of the help guide link below for more details on this feature:

2) The other feature which may be helpful is the built-in rollover tool. This will rollover your futures instrument to the most recent expiries across all open workspaces. You can access this by going to Tools > Database Management > Rollover. Here is the help guide page on this feature:

Comment

Thank you Patrick. I will try those features out as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Sparkyboy  
      Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
      21 responses
      0 likes