Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rainbow - The NinjaTrader enhancement plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You.
    fx.practic
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
      Hello fx.practic,

I have reached out to the vendor of Rainbow to inquire further about the reporting website not denying access. I will update this thread when I have more information.
      Hello Ryan,

is there something new in this topic?
      If owner of Rainbow wouldn´t be willing to create Rainbow for NT8, is there some chance that its features would be implemented to NT8 by NT itself?
      To be true, now I can´t imagine to use NT without Rainbow!

Comment

Originally posted by emuns View Post
        Hello Ryan,

is there something new in this topic?
        If owner of Rainbow wouldn´t be willing to create Rainbow for NT8, is there some chance that its features would be implemented to NT8 by NT itself?
        To be true, now I can´t imagine to use NT without Rainbow!
        Hello emuns,

Thank you for the follow up.

I have not received any further information or correspondence from the vendor regarding creating these products for NinjaTrader 8.

While I cannot confirm that any of the features from the Rainbow assembly will be added to NinjaTrader 8 in the future, we can take your suggestions and submit them to the product management team for consideration to be added at a later date.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Question about "Windows Management"

Hello Rainbow

I have following question I hope you can help answering:

I have 6 charts open in NT 7. I want to "tie" 3 of them in a way that if I minimize one the other two will minimize as well, if I bring one on top of all other windows on my PC the other two will come as well.

I assume "Windows Management" is the feature I have to use BUT (here comes the question) I want to "tie" other 2 charts (out of total of 6 charts) to behave in the same way but independently of the first groups of 3 chats.

Is this possible? If "yes", can you please guide me how?

Thank you

Comment

Hello rafo05, and thank you for your question. I will leave this page up in case a community member can help with a programmatic solution. This said, this can be accomplished without custom programming. All windows within a workspace - workspaces documented here,

- can be minimized and maximized together in Windows 7 and above with the advice in this publicly available link.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Question about "Windows Management"

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
              Hello rafo05, and thank you for your question. I will leave this page up in case a community member can help with a programmatic solution. This said, this can be accomplished without custom programming. All windows within a workspace - workspaces documented here,

- can be minimized and maximized together in Windows 7 and above with the advice in this publicly available link.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/old...29-00/?p=15493
              Thank you NinjaTrader_JessicaP.

Just for clarification I have 7 chart windows open on the same workspace and I would like to link 3 of then to use the "Windows Management" features, and independently link other 2 to use the "Windows Management" features.

I appreciate any guidance/help on this matter

Comment

SiProRenko

In Ninjatrader 8 is there a way of programmatically accessing the SiProRenko (custom bar type from shark indicators) bars so for example to do something like

AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.Renko,5);

Where the standard renko type is replaced by for example

AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.SiProRenko,5);

Please advise thanks.

Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
                Interesting. I only use custom Renko bar types. Haven't used time based bars in years. I only use Nexgen's Dynamic Renko bars but I also have SharkIndicators SiProRenko type bars as well as UniRenko bars.

Here is the score:

1. NexGen Dynamic Renko------Default 24/7------------------problem exists
                ....NexGen Dynamic Renko------use instrument settings---Ok

2. SiProRenko-------------------------Default 24/7------------------problem exists
                ....SiProRenko-------------------------use instrument settings---Ok

3. UniRenko----------------------------Default 24/7-------------------Ok
                ....UniRenko----------------------------use instrument settings----Ok

No idea how bar type can make it different, but all I now is it works.. and i'm very happy.... this is an important tool for me that I've always wanted.

regards,
                taddypole...

Comment

Hello,

We solved this item through email, but I will post the solution here.

You can get the ID of the bar type by using this indicator then using that ID in AddDataSeries:

For example: AddDataSeries(new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType)14, Value = 10, Value2 = 20 });
                  Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've uploaded the Rainbow indicator zip to this page in case anyone's interested in trying it —
                    for NinjaTrader 7 only
                    the date on the zip is May 18 20115

how can this indicator package be removed from NinjaTrader ?

Rainbow.zip
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello tradr,

Thanks for the post.

You can go to Tools>Edit NinjaScript>Indicator> Right click>Remove the files that you do not want.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
                      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

has anyone found rainbows utility for nt8 yet? or know where a link would be to find it... thanks in advance

Comment

As far as we are aware, there is not a NinjaTrader 8 version available.I would recommend contacting the third party vendor, Rainbow , directly for more information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                          31 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick