EMA and SMA Plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA and SMA Plot

I was wondering if it is possible to have the SMA and EMA lines extended 1 bar ahead? Right now I have it set to calculate on bar close - false!

Also is it possible to have a SMA or EMA from a 15 minute chart show on a 3 minute chart?

Thanks

Hello geotabs,

Thanks for your post.

You can extend the plot lines ahead through custom coding where you would create a projection based on some math that you determine for the projection and then use the DrawLine() method to draw the extension. Reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...m?drawline.htm

If you are looking for a dynamic horizontal level (and don't need the moving average history) try changing the indicators "Plot Style" from line to Hline. This will plot a horizontal line at the level of the moving average.

Alternatively, you might consider using displacement as this visually shifts the moving average according to the value of displacement you enter. I've attached an example that shows a 1 bar shift to the right, the orange plot is the standard SMA(14) (CalculateOnBarClose = false) and the red is the same plot shifted to the right one bar. Displacement is entered in the indicator parameters "visual" section.

Yes, you can add higher time frame indicators on faster time frames. Here is a short video on how to add a hidden data series to your chart and use indicators based on that hidden data series that display on the chart: https://www.screencast.com/t/xx8xcgOp0g

Edit: added displacment display.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 05-09-2017, 01:08 PM.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry Paul but where is the example attachment for the SMA?

Thanks

Comment

Hello geotabs,

Thanks for your reply.

I have edited my original post to add the screenshot of the displaced plot that I forgot to add originally.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes