Connection issues with Brokerage this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection issues with Brokerage this morning

This is not my connection(ISP) having the problem. Note the Price feed maintains connection but the primary disconnects.Its been going crazy all morning.

See attached
    Attached Files

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your post,

The first thing I would recommend doing is exiting NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to it's exceptions list.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

ISP issues
    Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. This usually happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Let us know if you see the same after taking these steps.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric
      Please go back to what I told you. My computer maintained connection with the price feed. It also maintained connection a other things. Nothing else dropped except YOUR NINJATRADER Brokerage connection. By elimination it is not my computer, it is not my modem and it is not my ISP connection. It is the connection to the Ninjatrader Brokerage. If both dropped or other things dropped I might agree with you but my connection was rock solid.

Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your reply,

I had read your message; I can confirm that we have seen other reports of disconnections this morning, though there appears now to be a larger issue affecting live accounts. Our team has contacted the data provider regarding this.

Restarting the modem, PC and router would be the first troubleshooting step to address this in any case.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Respectfully,
          You guys have this backwards, you should be providing continuous Status information via externally pinging each and every one of your servers such that we can go to a web page and see if there is a connection issue , Instead you want to take the number of Users x the time spent rebooting and reconnecting and further debugging = some ridiculous number of wasted user hours. You do the same thing for your NT8 support we have to prove their is an issue with OnRender() by providing you a script that replicates the problem when everyone randomly gets this error. You dump everything on the users. Again, Your steps are backwards. what you should be saying go into your log, see which server your connected to, Then go to this webpage and you will see if there is a connection issue. If not THEN you can take these steps to debug your computer and connection. Instead of wasting the Time x the number of Users who have this issue.

Comment

JerryWar, thank you for your feedback.

We're currently communicating with CQG in regards to these type of issues that are affecting live account connections across multiple brokerages as there appears to be some sort of issue on CQG's end.

I'll be sure to update you once more information becomes available.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RileyS; 05-09-2017, 09:16 AM.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Has this issue been resolved So I can trade tomorrow with a clear
              Head.

Comment

JerryWar, no word yet.

I'll update you once we get word back from CQG.

Comment

Do I need to switch feeds. It would be nice to know what is going on?

Comment

JerryWar,

This appears to be resolved according to CQG.

Are you still experiencing a delay when you connect or can't connect at all?

If so, please first troubleshoot restarting your PC and modem/router. Another item to troubleshoot is to double checking your firewall and anti-virus settings ensuring that NinjaTrader has been added to the exceptions.

After troubleshooting these quick steps and if you continue to experience the same, please write into platform support by navigating to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Help > Mail to Platform Support. In the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley and please include this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?t=100131

I look forward to being of further assistance if you continue to experience the same.

Comment

I have not experienced any issues since the 30 or so disconnects I got the other morning. But I have reluctant to place any trades because you hadn't confirmed the issue resolved. There are no issues with my computer/router/modem.

Comment

Could you please explain.
                        Is the Primary connection the Broker Feed used for placing trades and Price Feed just used for charting. Please elaborate on which is what.

Jerry

Comment

JerryWar, thanks for posting back up.

That is correct; the primary connection contains a few types of connection statuses such as order routing which is managed by CQG. The price feed, for CQG-based clients, is connecting to our historical data servers for historical data.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post dustydbayer  
                          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                          0 responses