Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catastrophic move to Windows 10

Hi all,
    after 1 month of perfect working on an old WIN 7 machine, I have installed NT8 (ed. 8.0.6.1) from the scratch on a brand new WIN 10 Pro pc (ed. 1607; build 14393.1198).

The problems are:

1. Unable to clear cache data: several times per day I have to restart Ninja, to delete the corresponding folder, according to the Alan directions and I meet the same problem again and again. I also tried to reset the database by renaming the .sdf file as per this post directions, and … no way! the error message appears again

2. When restarting Ninja after those operations, I usually lose one or more indicators on the charts. Both custom and built-in!

3, Without any particular reason, several times Ninja begins to slow-down the chart updating, even moving the windows becomes eternal, sometimes it crashes-down and sometimes it does not but, when restarting, it always appears the “unable to clear cache data”

Any suggestion? Many thanks in advance!

There are no known issues directly associated with Windows 10.

I would need to analyze your log and trace files to give you an accurate answer.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a brief summary of what you're experiencing, a link to this forum thread, and also reference '#1707743 ATTN Patrick G'.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

I get an "Unable to write cache data" dialog warning fairly regularly on Windows 10 but I click ok and forget about it... It doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect.

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
        I get an "Unable to write cache data" dialog warning fairly regularly on Windows 10 but I click ok and forget about it... It doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect.
        Thanks Reach4 , but the problems on my PC are a little more complicated... the Platform Support is working hard on that. I think they will like to share the solution once solved...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Irukandji  
        Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post fitspressoburnfat