Trading Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours

I want to import contract month 12-14 so I can download replay December of 2014 for comparison reasons. My contracts only go back to 2016 in the instrument manager.

In the 'Historical Data Manager' in the 'Export' is goes all the way back to 2009.

How do I get 2014 or 2013 contract months? So it will allow me to download in 'Download Replay Data' under files for the year that I want to see.

Thanks.

Can you clarify - are you using NinjaTrader 8?

Market Replay data is typically only available from our servers for 90 days and is deleted after 1 year.

To replay using historical data you would need tick data.

Can you clarify - do you already have this historical tick data or market replay data? Can you clarify which one you're planning on using for playback?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Ninja 7. I'm sure I have tick data already I'm able to down load data from Jan 1, 2016 but I need to get contract month's from 2014 into my instrument manager then I will be able to download the data that corresponds to the month loaded in the instrument manager.

I use the replay that goes from midnight to midnight so there's no gap like there is w/ the other replay where it only records data when your connected to the market, where u have to click on 'Real time data' to 'record for market replay'

In my case I don't click that on I keep it unclicked so I can download the data while connected live then disconnect live feed to my desired time period that I downloaded which starts at midnight to midnight.

But I need to learn how to get the desired contracts from 2014 into my Instrument Manager. Then I will simply be able to record that year for replay. I guess I'm not sure whether I'm using tick or replay data

Comment

The most important thing here is to first find out if you have Market Replay data available to you from 2014. Market Replay data is deleted from our servers after 1 year, so if you do not already have this 2014 Market Replay data you would be unable to obtain it from the NinjaTrader platform.

Potentially, third party sources may have Market Replay data for the instruments you desire from 2014. If you'd like more information about third party Market Replay sources, please let me know.

Once you have the Market Replay data, you will need to change your PC clock to get these older expiries into your PC:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader 7
        • Change your PC clock's date to some time in 2015 or 2014
        • Restart NinjaTrader 7

You should now see 2015/2014 expiries in the expiry drop down list of the Instrument Manager.

NinjaTrader may produce an error about not connecting to it's licensing servers, however, you can still connect to and use Market Replay.

Remember to change your PC clock to the correct time and date for live data and trading:
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader
        • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
        • Select Adjust date/time
        • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
        • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
        • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
        • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
        • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)

After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Comment

Excellent! Thank you, you gave me something to work with. I will do as you described once I'm finished w/ my trade.

I'll first reset my PC clock to 2014 per instruction and see if it will allow me to download data then I'll take the next step.

Thanks again.

PS. Under 'Tools' then ' Historical Data Manager ' there's

..Import, Export, Edit, Download, Reload.. the dates go all the way back to 2009 under the 'Export' tab.

How does that whole section work?
          Last edited by trdninstyle; 05-23-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Historical data and Market Replay data are two different types of data.

NinjaTrader 7 can not use historical data for Market Replay. NinjaTrader 7 uses specifically and only Market Replay data for Market Replay playback. This is the data I was referring to in my previous posts which mention that the NinjaTrader servers only contain Market Replay data for one year. Older data must be obtained through third party sources,

Changing the date of your PC will give you access to the expiries but will not give you access to additional Market Replay data beyond one year.

Please see the 'How to download replay data from the NinjaTrader server' section of the following link for more information on downloading Market Replay data from NinjaTrader:

In NinjaTrader 8, you can use historical tick data for Market Replay.

Comment

If I get the Ninja Trader 8 then I can do what I'm desiring to do more easily? Do I just download Ninja 8 from Ninja's website? That link u gave me actually that's how I do my replay it's a lot better then the other way.

Thanks Patrick, I learned a lot.

Comment

You will still need to have either Market Replay data or historical tick data from 2014 to use replay from this time in NinjaTrader 8. Without this, neither platform will be able to do what you're asking.

You can download NinjaTrader 8 from our website:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Here is a link with common questions regarding NinjaTrader 8:

Frequently Asked Questions

Comment

PatrickG once I do the free upgrade to Ninja 8 will my work station in 7 be lost? If so that's okay. 8 looks good.

Comment

No. NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 are completely separate programs . NinjaTrader 8 can be installed on the same computer & the two platforms will run without conflict.

You can use both platforms on the same PC simultaneously however your brokerage or data feed may have restrictions on concurrent use. For example, if you are connected to your data provider through NinjaTrader 7, you may need to disconnect before you can use that same connection through NinjaTrader 8.

This question and many other common questions are answered in the FAQ link I provided in my previous reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick