Trades History Gone After PC Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trades History Gone After PC Format

Hello, i was trading in my live account for about 3 months and i format my computer and then i install the NT8. And when i try to study my older trades, i see that all the trades are gone. The Blue and Red arrow showing the Entry/Target/Stop labels.

How i can recover it? the account is LIVE ACCOUNT and not SIM.

I really want my history of order trades because with that i study everyday. I dont want to download all the DormanLLC Statement for start drawing manually, is going to take a lot!

Thank you!

P.D. BTW im in a Lease platform

Hello contrax,

Thank you for your post.

You would have to copy the database file from the old installation and paste the database file in the proper directory in the new installation.

The old installation files would be located in the C:/Windows.old folder.

Do you access to this folder?

If so, you can find the database folder needed in the old windows files under My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB.

Copy this file, and overwrite the My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB in your new installation.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello contrax,

Thank you for your post.

You would have to copy the database file from the old installation and paste the database file in the proper directory in the new installation.

The old installation files would be located in the C:/Windows.old folder.

Do you access to this folder?

If so, you can find the database folder needed in the old windows files under My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB.

Copy this file, and overwrite the My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> DB in your new installation.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      Hello, thank you for ur fast reply.

I dont save any file, i just format the computer (Wipe Data, Full Format) and then install the NT8.

Its gone? So i need to start saving those files everyday?

Comment

Originally posted by contrax View Post

I dont save any file, i just format the computer (Wipe Data, Full Format) and then install the NT8.
        See what I highlighted? Yes, when you wipe data, it is gone. When you then install new programs or create new data after wiping the hard drive, that which is gone usually becomes totally unrecoverable.
        Its gone? So i need to start saving those files everyday?
        You need to save important data before you wipe data from the computer. You determine the time schedule.
        Last edited by koganam; 05-18-2017, 10:03 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling and grammar.

Comment

Always make backups.

Recovermyfiles program might find it, but chances are probably very slim in this case. They do have a trial that's free and show you what they can find before you have to buy to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            Always make backups.

Recovermyfiles program might find it, but chances are probably very slim in this case. They do have a trial that's free and show you what they can find before you have to buy to recover.
            Well, possibly. A full format, as you well know, does not actually delete the data, but installing anything on a formatted drive will overwrite the areas that held the data, so there are no data pointers left to the overwritten erstwhile data. Even on an NTFS partition, it is very doubtful that any useful data can be recovered after overwriting a formatted NTFS partition. But hey, that is why there is a word spelled "miracle".

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              Well, possibly. A full format, as you well know, does not actually delete the data, but installing anything on a formatted drive will overwrite the areas that held the data, so there are no data pointers left to the overwritten erstwhile data. Even on an NTFS partition, it is very doubtful that any useful data can be recovered after overwriting a formatted NTFS partition. But hey, that is why there is a word spelled "miracle".
              Yes, was a full format data and then installing again everything.

i think its gone haha, first time using NT8 didnt knew that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Irukandji  
              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse