Value Areas - dValueArea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value Areas - dValueArea

I uploaded a version 2 of dValueArea in the file sharing area. Mostly it adds user config stuff down in the "Plot" area related to colors and such. Also allows the evolving POC's to be represented as lines or not at all.

Thanks to all for feedback.

Dean.

Dean, great - thanks for sharing with the community!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version 2 bug

I found a bug where the program isn't catching the last bar of the session when that bar dosn't match the calculated session end time exactly. Thus the calculations can be off on some chart senerios (more noticed on larger bar time frames).

I'll post a 2.1 version after I fix it and test for a bit.

Comment

Version 2.1 is posted.

Comment

using tick data, is possible?

Hi DeanV,
          I saw u have made and modified some volume profile indicators, I would ask if is possible to use tick data to calculate the true volume at price in any time frame it is used, and maybe have the possibility to set a start and an end date to plot the histogram.

Maybe using tick data take too much pc resources?
          Maybe using 1 minute data can be better?

I ask this couse when u use this kinda of indis changing timeframe would mean that cahnge also the volume profile poc and value area, i think it need a fixed timeframe for calc.

thanks.

Lubo.
          Last edited by LuboLabo; 09-26-2009, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Posted a version 2.2 update. Added a VTPO Profile Type as an un-weighed Volume. Also tweaked the session detection / control logic a bit (hopefully didn't screw anything up there).

Lubo, This is not really what you were asking for, but it's about as close as this one is going to get for now. Perhaps NT 7 will make it easier to do what you want.

Dean.

Comment

This is one of the best implementation of the Value area; thanks DeanV!

Comment

ya true, really appreciate DeanV

Comment

Also http://trading-evolution.com/ posts volume numbers which will show true VPOC's for each day, week, month etc. No averages, simply which price had most contracts traded. You can specify any time frame. Currently using it as verification against dValueArea reported levels.

Comment

I am trying to adjust this for various 24hr markets, but it's creating some issues around the Friday close/Sunday open. Any ideas?

Comment

Dean, thanks for your nice indicator. There is one point, your VAH,VAL and POC differ sometimes from MPValues indicator.Click image for larger version

Name:	ValueArea-Bund.png
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	853218
                      Which one is correct?

Jaap

Comment

Poc History?

Originally posted by DeanV View Post
                        Posted a version 2.2 update. Added a VTPO Profile Type as an un-weighed Volume. Also tweaked the session detection / control logic a bit (hopefully didn't screw anything up there).

Lubo, This is not really what you were asking for, but it's about as close as this one is going to get for now. Perhaps NT 7 will make it easier to do what you want.

Dean.
                        Thanks Dean for updated version.
                        What do u think add intradaily poc and Value Area History? is possible?

Thanks again.

Edit: i mean leaving the poc's line when it change in a bigger one, to trace the daily poc and value area changes.

Comment

vrumchev: Try turning the IncludeWeekend flag on or off. I tried taking that out, but found it was useful on some chart senerios. Beyond that, I'd need an example.

Jaap: Different version will be different. Which is correct?... The one that works for you! Keep in mind that these tend to be approximations, to get you in a range. I did add a few extra rules to the origonal code Ben wrote when doing the calc. (it's in the code) that I found elseware. Might be the difference. Also, try adjusting the number of slots it's using. Larger numbers will not combine ticks to a mid point value, like smaller ones will (it will eat a little more machine resources though... this thing is already somewhat of a hog).

Lubo: If your asking for the evolving lines to leave the up/down history per bar as a normal plot could do? Thats more of a design change than I want to do. Feel free to modify / code another verson. This is open source stuff!

Hope these comments are helpful!

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanV View Post

Lubo: If your asking for the evolving lines to leave the up/down history per bar as a normal plot could do? Thats more of a design change than I want to do. Feel free to modify / code another verson. This is open source stuff!

Dean.
                            I mean not for every bar, bat only leave the line on chart that this indi plots,
                            ex: at 3 am it plots a red line as poc, at 9 am. it plots again a red line coz poc is changed ..... etc.....
                            However thanks for your work.

Lubo.

Comment

Originally posted by LuboLabo View Post
                              I mean not for every bar, bat only leave the line on chart that this indi plots,
                              ex: at 3 am it plots a red line as poc, at 9 am. it plots again a red line coz poc is changed ..... etc.....
                              However thanks for your work.

Lubo.
                              If your talking about the evolving pre-session bit changing when the "real" session goes active, then you could run a second copy of the app, turn the pre-session off, and set the session up to show the pre-session hours as "the" session. Set anything you don't want to see to a Transparent color. Not sure it that will get exactly what you want, but some combination as such might get close enough.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                              15 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse