Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT 6.5 corrupted. How to uninstall/reinstall safely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 corrupted. How to uninstall/reinstall safely?

Whenever I open NT 6.5 my computer completely locks up. This is the only app that's causing this problem. I've taken various measures to resolve the problem (removing all apps from startup in msconfig, restarting in safe mode) but the only conclusion I can come up with is to uninstall and then reinstall NT.

How do I uninstall/reinstall NT and preserve at least my data and, hopefully, my charts, etc? I need to do this w/o reopening NT since it freezes up the computer as soon as it's opened.

-Lou

Hi,

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and put in the subject 'For Vince' and refer to this post.

I will send you proper instructions then.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done. I've just sent the e-mail.
      -Lou

Comment

in this thread, it would be good if NT staff put clear intructions on how to un-install NT properly, including all files that need to be deleted. this will save everyone time.

thanks.

rocket

Comment

Uninstall NinjaTrader without losing saved settings and data:

Uninstall NinjaTrader 6.5 from the Windows Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs. Then delete the folder NinjaTrader6.5. The folder is located on your C disk--> Program Files--> NinjaTrader6.5.

Then, please delete any temporary internet files and windows temporary files. Open up Internet Explorer and click Tools--> Internet Options and Delete Cookies and Files.

Then reboot your PC and download our latest production release from here:

Your settings are saved under My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 and will not be deleted upon uninstalling NinjaTrader via the Control Panel.

Uninstall NinjaTrader completely:

Uninstall NinjaTrader 6.5 from the Windows Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs. Then delete the folder NinjaTrader6.5. The folder is located on your C disk--> Program Files--> NinjaTrader6.5. Also, you will need to delete all folders NinjaTrader6.5 located under the Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5.

Then, please delete any temporary internet files and windows temporary files. Open up Internet Explorer and click Tools--> Internet Options and Delete Cookies and Files.

Then reboot your PC and download our latest production release from here:
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This has just happened to me.Been using it smoothly for weeks. Has just happened 8 hours ago.Just keep crashing nothing in log.

Comment

Hello Mike,

Please see my response at the link below.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
              20 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes