Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 crash - won't run - won't uninstall / reinstall

Hi NT support,

I have been attempting to resolve an issue with NT7 for several hours. The program has been working fine with IB for the last month. The problem commenced this morning (there was no IB update). Initially this occurred via NT crashing immediately upon connection with IB.

A computer restart, IB uninstall/reinstall (ver 911) had no effect. I then attempted to uninstall and reinstall NT7, however this is failing.

A system restore resulted in no change either, so has been rolled back.

Current state: Since the failed uninstall NT7 will not start at all (now crashing before startup) and will not uninstall.

A word doc has been attached showing the failure messages. The NT trace file exceeded your maximum .txt attachment size, so an excerpt has been attached showing just the latest occurrence of the failure.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Hello nt21trader

Thank you for your post.

After reviewing the diagnostic files, I noticed the following error messages:

2011-01-05 13:19:40:031 ********* exception trapped *********
    2011-01-05 13:19:40:031 The directory name C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\tmp is invalid.
    2011-01-05 13:19:40:031 System.ArgumentException: The directory name C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\tmp is invalid.

This error type is normally associated with a corrupt installation. Are you running any defragmentation utilities of some other software that may be impacting these directories?
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chip,

No... not running anything like that at all.

Comparing the My Documents\Ninja Trader 7\ folder to another (installed on another machine) it does appear that several folders have gone missing. Not just \tmp

Would you recommend simply copying these folders from the other installation and giving that a try.

Or, is there some way I can manually uninstall all components, to then allow a fresh install?

Thanks,
      nt21trader

Comment

Hello

OK - you may want to complete a full uninstall & reinstall of the NinjaTrader platform.

To perform a complete uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader, please follow the steps listed below:
        1. Close all running applications.
        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
        5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
        6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        7. Reboot your machine.
        8. Once these steps are completed, download NinjaTrader 7 from the link below:

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chip,

Step 3 fails (uninstall) with the two error messages as shown in the word doc attachment (original post).
          Do you want me to continue with steps 4 onwards, regardless.

Thanks,
          nt21

Comment

Hello nt21,

The 'tmpB1E.tmp' error indicates that the NinjaTrader uninstaller file is missing, since likely you have used registry/cleaning software that removed the uninstaller file.

You need to use the Microsoft Uninstaller Tool to uninstall NinjaTrader. Once NinjaTrader is uninstalled you will be able to install NinjaTrader successfully. The uninstaller tool takes 5 seconds to run once installed on the system. Once you run the uninstaller tool select NinjaTrader from the list and select remove.

You can download and install the Microsoft Uninstaller Tool at the link below.

However, I notice the Uninstaller Tool is not availabe anymore on that link.

Do you perhaps have a system restore point which you can use to restore your PC to a state back in time before you experienced the issue?

Are you able to uninstall NinjaTrader with registry/cleaning software on your PC?

Once NinjaTrader has been uninstalled, please download and re-install NinjaTrader from the link below.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason (and Chip from earlier),
              I managed to get it uninstalled with a downloadable force-uninstall utility. The re-installation happened as expected and everything works fine now.
              As Chip suggested, it appears that I'd somehow just corrupted the Ninja files or registry entries.
              Thanks for your assistance. Very greatly appreciated.
              Cheers,
              nt21

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jclose
              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM