X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon Hello

I about, that ->

2.000 stock's * 250 day's * 6 session hours = 3.000.000 files

Try copy 1.000.000 files on other disk.... but we have 3.000.000 and this only ONE year !

Comment

after 2-3 Years, you have not serviced and not copied base, and this not 3000-4000 world liquid stock's

Comment

Hello TCust,

Thanks for your reply.

It is recommended to use the Backup and Restore utility to move your data files from one computer to another. This will create a single archive files to import into NinjaTrader.

Below I have provided a link to our video on backup up your files from one computer to another.
        Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to back up your settings to a second PC with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader 7 ...
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon, 2 years ago my base up 15.000.000 files, multitask WinRAR x64 archive this with low compress 12 hours, after this I not collect ticks in Ninja.

I'm not sure that Ninja physically handle it, so I suggest you now to think about it for NT8 ( option for stock's store in hour or day files )
          Last edited by TCust; 09-18-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

In addition, this a very large load on the file system Windows, chkdsk.exe in shock and I too, after time check As far as I remember ...

For example TickData.com file structure, they know a lot about ticks
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TCust; 09-18-2014, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hello TCust,

Thanks for your reply.

I have provided your feedback to development.

Comment

Originally posted by TCust View Post
                In addition, this a very large load on the file system Windows, chkdsk.exe in shock and I too, after time check As far as I remember ...

For example TickData.com file structure, they know a lot about ticks
                I looked at the screen - but it looks to me, like they are saving each day into separate *.zip file.
                Is there any improvement over Ninjatrader, that I am missing?

Comment

I dont know, I hope Ninja will change file systems, until it is too late.

Collect stocks ticks in current variant's not real, for 10-15 futures contract may be normal.
                  Last edited by TCust; 09-24-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

are you experiencing technical difficulties?

Was just wondering what is holding up the (well at least the release of a Beta version of the new NinjaTrader platform?
                    From info in other forums it was seemingly due last year/beginning this year.
                    Unless it is Guaranteed to trade for me and make all trades a winner, LOL. what is the holdup?
                    Put it out there and let us try it out(guaranteed to have BUGS) let us help find them.

Why not get the process rolling.
                    Surely there are members in the community, that can provide some insight!
                    Just my 2 cents. Worth after taxes about 1/3-LOL

p.s. What about NT7 have you already disregarded it?
                    Why not provide some easy to implement user requests that have been on the board for years?

Take care
                    Last edited by newbie0101; 10-08-2014, 05:51 AM. Reason: toning it down was wee bit harsh

Comment

Hello newbie0101,

Thanks for your reply.

The program is not finished, development is working on components of NinjaTrader 8. The beta will not be released until development says it is ready. The support team has been testing and reporting on components that are complete and the ball is rolling. There is no ETA on the release.
                      Developments main focus is NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 7 is essentially in maintenance mode and feature requests are not expected to be implemented into NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

I have a request--allow for the font size to be increased or decreased in the control center workspace. Seems the font can be re-sized in every other box except workspaces. At times I use a laptop so this would be very helpful.

Comment

Hello LTWCI,

Thanks for your post.

this feature will be taken into consideration.

Comment

Nt charting needs improvements

NT is not having the charting abilities of well known software. What is missing and is very important in trading, more important than any indicator:
                            - MARKET PROFILE
                            - ORDER FLOW

Any chance to have them in NT 8 for being at the same level with other well known trading platforms?

Comment

Originally posted by Genegavi View Post
                              NT is not having the charting abilities of well known software. What is missing and is very important in trading, more important than any indicator:
                              - MARKET PROFILE
                              - ORDER FLOW

Any chance to have them in NT 8 for being at the same level with other well known trading platforms?
                              Their DOM got them a nice lawsuit back in the day for violating patents.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                                Their DOM got them a nice lawsuit back in the day for violating patents.
                                I guess you are new around the corner about MARKET PROFILE and ORDER FLOW: they are in the Public Domain. MARKET PROFILE is around since 1980.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post junkone
                                by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post love2code2trade  
                                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post eDanny
                                by eDanny

Working...
                                X