NT7 32 bit version stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 32 bit version stopped working.

I have NT7 installed on a Win10 machine which was working fine (32 and 64 bit versions).
    Yesterday the 32 bit version stopped working. It just hangs no splash screen or anything. Need to use task manager to terminate the task. Running as administrator does not help

I noticed when NT7 launches in the task manager the process "C# command line compiler (32 bit)" also starts but hangs. If I terminate the compiler many times (it reappears when terminated) eventually the splash screen appears and as I continue to end the C# task the splash screen proceeds until it reaches "finding connections" then the program crashes. Maybe this helps isolate the problem.

By the way I also had the permissions and access denied problems.

Hello seahn,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, NT7 32 bit version stopped working.' in the subject header.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150824 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150824 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello seahn,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, NT7 32 bit version stopped working.' in the subject header.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150824 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150824 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
      Hi Jason,

Thank you and Eric for your help. I still have the same situation and after remote help from your support, the issue with 32-bit NT remains.

Can you perhaps let us know if or how this issue was resolved for seahn. This seems to be related to upgrading to Windows 10 that causes the NT(32-bit) issue. Any information on resolution in the Forum (instead of private mail) can be helpful to other NT7 users as they upgrade to Windows 10 and encounter the same situation.

Many thanks.

Thanks

Comment

Hello aligator,
        Thanks for your post.

I have seen success with users running NinjaTrader in Compatibility Mode compatibility mode when using Windows 10.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin
        Find the NinjaTrader Application file
        Right Click on the file and choose Run in Compatibility Mode.
        Choose the Windows XP SP3 option to resolve.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
          Hello aligator,
          Thanks for your post.

I have seen success with users running NinjaTrader in Compatibility Mode compatibility mode when using Windows 10.

Hi ShawnB,

There are a number of dll application extension files under "bin" and two NT7 Incons, not clear which one is the main application. Can you point that out please. Also, once right click on any of these application dii files there is no option for a compatibility mode.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by seahn View Post
            I have NT7 installed on a Win10 machine which was working fine (32 and 64 bit versions).
            Yesterday the 32 bit version stopped working. It just hangs no splash screen or anything. Need to use task manager to terminate the task. Running as administrator does not help

I noticed when NT7 launches in the task manager the process "C# command line compiler (32 bit)" also starts but hangs. If I terminate the compiler many times (it reappears when terminated) eventually the splash screen appears and as I continue to end the C# task the splash screen proceeds until it reaches "finding connections" then the program crashes. Maybe this helps isolate the problem.

By the way I also had the permissions and access denied problems.
            Hi seahn,

Can you please indicate how your NT 32 bit issue was resolved. My situation is still unresolved and can not run the 32 bit to connect TDA.

Was your issue related to upgrading to Windows 10?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
              Hello aligator,
              Thanks for your post.

Thanks Shawn,

There are many dll Application exten files under "bin." could you point me to the main exe. file that starts the NT 32 please.

Also, the right click on any of the files under bin does not provide an option for compatibility mode.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

There is only one NinjaTrader.exe file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin folder. This is the one you want.

You could also try Right Click on the NinjaTrader 7 32-bit desktop icon and choose compatibility mode.
                Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kujista
                by kujista

Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                0 responses