NT 7 Freezes During High Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 Freezes During High Volume

Please watch this video and tell me if there is anything I can do to prevent this.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Typically this will relate to PC performance items. Though possibly not as noticeable during lower volume, higher volume times would yield more data to process for each chart, indicator, etc.

To review more into your specific case, I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170411.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170411.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT7 runs on a Single core even though you probably have a multicore computer. I used to have this all the time until I paired down my indicators and got rid of some cpu intensive ones and switched from a Quad core to a Quad core I7 with lots of Ram with the OS and Ninja running off a Flash drive. If you have anything else running in the background make sure you shut it down during trading. NT8 handles things better because it runs on multiple cores. So the load is spread out. However, for me NT8 is not yet ready. It may be an option for you. There may be other issues as well, you could have video or internet connection issues, too many disconnected registry entries from old programs that were installed and removed. Updates for programs running in the background etc. To solve that, Reformat the Drive, reinstall the OS and only Ninja, Basically you want to have your trade computer be just a trade computer and not used for anything else to get the best performance. Basically this was How I solved my issues.

Comment

I bought this computer specifically to trade with. I did a fresh install from the start. It's an i7 with 8 gigs of RAM a a 500GB SSD. Clean boot every day.

Now I will admit that one of my indicators is probably a hog. And I have lots of charts open. Like 9 or 10. But I need them. They are different time frames of the same market. I believe the problem is NT's single thread architecture.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes