Charts Not Loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts Not Loading

Trading the ES Dec contract here and all of a sudden this morning the chart will not load. Not sure why this is happening only on my laptop but not on my PC. Both use Windows 7 OS.

I use Zenfire through AMP. Connection is fine and everything works normally IF there is no chart open. As soon as I open a chart or if it connects with a chart already open, the entire program freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete my way out.

I have tried restarting both the program and the computer to no avail. I have also tried opening preset and default charts but that didn't work either. Finally, I tried to connect through another connection/data feed and same thing still happens.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hello feng456,

To troubleshoot the situation, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace(s)

Note this will not remove any settings or data.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to the folder (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * Right click on "Untitled1.xml"
    * Select Rename
    * Rename it to "Untitiled1 Old.xml"
    * After deleting and renaming the files above, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.

If no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the situation, or if I can provide any further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tried the following:

1. Followed instructions about deleting and renaming the files.
      2. Restarted Ninja.
      3. Connected to AMP Zenfire.
      4. Loaded new chart with customised template.
      5. Same issues.

Comment

Hello feng456,

Then there maybe an issue with your template.

If you open a chart without a template by selecting "<None>" are you able to view a chart?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
          Hello feng456,

Then there maybe an issue with your template.

If you open a chart without a template by selecting "<None>" are you able to view a chart?
          Nope. Same problem still.

Comment

Hello feng456,

Then could you send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the email: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=58761"

With ATTN: JC inside of the Subject Line.

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
              Hello feng456,

To troubleshoot the situation, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace(s)

Note this will not remove any settings or data.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
              * Navigate to the folder (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
              * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
              * Right click on "Untitled1.xml"
              * Select Rename
              * Rename it to "Untitiled1 Old.xml"
              * After deleting and renaming the files above, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
              * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.

If no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the situation, or if I can provide any further assistance.
              Hi,

I've got the same issue.

Did the trouble shooting but it didn't help. When I first got started I didn't have any chart templates, many if the indicators were missing I didn't have the Nexgen Dynamic Renko. I discovered that I have to download it from the Nexgen Resources page what I did. Now I am able to select them but they won't load.

Please advise.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Carina,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the forum post in the body of the email and include ATTN Alan S in the subject line.

I look forward to your reply.
                Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NexGen Add in will not load

Hi - I am having the same issue as below- the NexGen will not load- trouble shooting below would not help either

thanks

Neil

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanS View Post
                  Hello Carina,

Thanks for your reply.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the forum post in the body of the email and include ATTN Alan S in the subject line.

Comment

Hello NeilS,

Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses