Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian markets, Futures, NIKKEI

Hi Ninjatrader and Ninjatrader Users,

I live in Australia and having problems trading futures such as ES, NQ during normal RTH in the US. So I would like to trade Futures during Asian market opening hours.

Can I trade Asian Futures through the Ninjatrader Platform?
    Can I get raw datafeeds through CQG, datafeed that Ninjatrader Brokerage are offering?
    Can I trade Asian Futures through the Ninjatrader Brokerage? If NOT, I could use IB but which datafeed would you recommend?

Thank you,
    Warcious

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

You can use these instruments provided you are connected to a data provider that supports these instruments, and your specific account connection is enabled for the data. I have provided a link below to the NinjaTrader 7 Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Could you provide some further information regarding "raw datafeeds?"

I would recommend contacting the Brokerage team for any NinjaTrader Brokerage-related questions at brokeragesupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Drew!

This is the response I got yesterday from the Ninjatrader Brokerage, see below.

I do understand that I can always use some other type of broker through the NT platform.

But I would like to understand which Futures does NT Brokerage support in terms of execution as well as the datafeeds (CQG in this case) that have good liquidity during the Asian RTH?

---------------
      Hello,
      Thank you for the inquiry.
      We do not offer any ASIAN futures market, we only support US futures market and EUREX.
      Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Last edited by warcious; 06-20-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

For this brokerage related question, I would recommend reaching out to the Brokerage team at brokeragesupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to trade Futures that are open during Asia-Pacific times, but I do not find them in the Instrument Manager.

I know your brokerage do not offer trading of these instruments, so I will trade them through my broker account at IB. But I need to know how to add them to my Instrument Manager or maybe they are already there?

Exchange: ASX24
          Name Symbol
          SPI S&P/ASX 200 Index (Australia) AP
          BA BARLEY FUTURES BP
          WH WHEAT FUTURES WH

Exchange: Hong Kong Futures Exchange (HKFE)
          Name Symbol
          HSI Hang Seng Stock Index HSI

Exchange: Osaka Exchange (OSE.JPN)
          Name Symbol
          N225 Nikkei 225 NK225

I am open for any other Futures suggestions that have good liquidity during Asia-Pacific opening hours.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
            Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

For this brokerage related question, I would recommend reaching out to the Brokerage team at brokeragesupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.
            Well, the Ninjatrader Brokerage already told me they do not offer any Futures traded on the Asian markets, so I would like to know how I can trade them just using the Ninjatrader Platform and not the brokerage.

Comment

I see that you've also written in to our support via email. I will be providing the answer to your questions here and via email.

The following instruments are available in the NinjaTrader master instrument list (Tools > Instrument Manager):
              • SPI S&P/ASX 200 Index (Australia) = 'SPI' in NinjaTrader
              • HSI Hang Seng Stock Index HSI = 'HSI' in NinjaTrader
              • N225 Nikkei 225 NK225 = 'N225' or 'JNM' (mini) in NinjaTrader

BA BARLEY FUTURES BP and WH WHEAT FUTURES WH are not in the NinjaTrader database by default. You would need to manually configure these instruments:

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
              • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
              • Press the 'New' button
              • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
              • Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
              • Press the 'OK' button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
              • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left hand corner
              • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
              • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
              • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
              • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes