Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarketAnalyzer stuck loading

Hi,

I made my own column, it loads an indicator which uses multiple time frame analysis using adddataseries. Of course I put in adddataseries in both the custom column and my indicator. When it first loads on the marketanalyzer, its fine. However, if i do a "reload ninjascript" the market analyzer gets stuck "loading..."

Any ideas why this is the case? I am getting no ninjascript errors.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I would not be certain of an exact cause at this point. I did want to check, have you tested if this is specific to the AddDataSeries being used in the MA Column or is this related to using the custom indicator?

Could you try using AddDataSeries in the column without using a Custom indicator? For example, use the SMA and then see if the same error occurs.

The Host would need to add the indicators secondary series, this test would just illuminate if that custom indicator is needed to see the problem. If not, I would like to know the specific AddDataSeries syntax you used so I could see this occur on my end as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using this syntax on the custom column and on my custom indicator..

AddDataSeries( BarsPeriodType.Minute, 60);
      AddDataSeries( BarsPeriodType.Minute, 180);
      AddDataSeries( BarsPeriodType.Minute, 1440);

In the meantime, I have another question.. Lets say I must have at least 500 bars for each of the AddDataSeries, i use 60min, 180mins, and daily... How do I ensure that I am getting at least 500 bars of each of these series? If my base indicator is placed at 60 mins, must i do 24*500 bars? must i also ensure proper multiples that is each AddSeries must be a multiple of the base series?
      Last edited by KhaosTrader; 06-22-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Could you tell me, changing the custom indicator to something not custom like the SMA, do you see the same result of just Loading?

Regarding a number of bars needed, generally, you would need to add checks in to ensure there is enough data before calculating. if you are using multiple series, you could use the CurrentBars object for this type of check:

Code:
        if(CurrentBars[0] < 500 || CurrentBars[1] < 500 || CurrentBars[2] < 500) return;

Comment

Hi,

I will workup a test example...

Thank you for your patience.
          Last edited by KhaosTrader; 06-22-2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried the syntax you provided but I don't see it getting stuck at loading. Why don't we try to resolve the initial concern before trying to change the way you currently have this script coded?

I mainly want to know if the custom indicator is part of the problem or if just the column without the indicator can cause this. If you are seeing only the column causing this we could completely ignore the custom indicator as part of the question and focus on the column only. If the custom indicator is needed to see this, I would likely need to review both the column and the indicator to see what may be happening.

Rather than trying to use the SMA in place of the custom indicator, could you instead try removing all the logic aside from AddDataSeries and then see if the problem still happens? You could also try creating an entirely new column and append only the AddDataSeries logic to see if this still produces the same result. If so, we could both work on just that sample together using the same setup you had in the MA.

Comment

Hello,

I have a custom indicator that calls a custom indicator.
              I thought that my base custom indicator was the problem, i replaced it with a MACD. I still have the problem. This is good because we eliminated a complex part of the problem.

I would rather send you the project files with the MACD rather than post here, then you can try to run on your end.

What is an email I can send this to?

Many thanks for your patience and cooperation. Its much apprecaited.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

You can utilize our platform support [@] ninjatrader.com to send in the files. I would still suggest testing if only a column without any other indicators causes this for you to further refine the example before sending the files in. If we can reduce this to only a column that would be preferred, but if the custom indicator is needed, if possible use a System indicator instead if that will still show the problem to eliminate as much custom code as possible.

Comment

Hi,

Ok I will do what you say, I will further refine the example, i will get this to you middle to late end of next week, as I want to nail the example well and test it.. BEFORE sending to you,..

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                  115 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post kevinenergy  
                  Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes