Errors and shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors and shutdown

Hey I have a very simple strategy and am using market orders to enter and total position profit targets and stop losses to exit.

The last few days when I come home from work, I would turn on the strat and when I woke up the next morning, I would find it kicked off. I would enable it again, and then when I came home from work, it would be off again. It's very frustrating. It would have some error codes saying that it couldn't cancel out live orders.

What do I need to do? I really want to get it off the ground. Any help is appreciated.

Hello CoopersFX,

Are there any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center when the strategy is disabled?

If so, what do these say?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      one of the errors is:
      Error in 'OnModifySingleOrderCompleted': An exception occurred during the operation, making the result incalid. Check InnerException for exception details.'

another error is:
      myacctname,Unable to submit order change request: Record not found. affected Order: Sell 1000 Stopmarket @ 139.815

I can send you the log if you'd like. Unfortunately, I have restarted the program this morning and a lot of the other codes are not showing on the log

Comment

Hello CoopersFX,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you able to reproduce this error in using the Playback Connection?

I would advise to use TraceOrders and add Prints to your strategy while testing in the Playback connection to find out how the "Unable to submit order change request" error occurred.

Playback Connection: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...connection.htm

Debugging: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3418

TraceOrders: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3627

Without the full context of the code and a test scenario, I cannot provide additional input on the exception you received. If you are still encountering this exception after verifying that your strategy's logic is not creating an issue with order placement, I would like to take a look at the script and test it out to find out more about the exception.

You can bump this thread with a sample strategy that depicts the issue, or you can write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the thread URL and the text "Attention Jim." Debugging client code is outside of our scope of services, but if there is an issue with NinjaTrader that can be reproduced in a simple script, we can certainly take a look.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jim, I figured it out. Thanks for the help. I was able to strip it down and zero in on the issue. Turns out that it wasn't profitable and it was doing me a favor by kicking itself off despite the backtest showing good results. As a result I have made some tweaks and resuming testing on SIM mode.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post funk10101  
          Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite