Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rainbow - The NinjaTrader enhancement plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
    Does anyone experience black screen flicker with Rainbow on the chart? I was trying to find a solution for this issue for quite a long time, but I thought I finally resolved it as it never happened to me again.
    Because I just got a report of such a behavior...
    Thanks,
    Lucas
    I'm not having any issues with a black flicker. It's working really well. Is there a way, though, to turn off the post-trade results' line lighting up white when I the crosshair is in the candle range of the trade?

Comment

Originally posted by thekreme View Post
      I'm not having any issues with a black flicker. It's working really well. Is there a way, though, to turn off the post-trade results' line lighting up white when I the crosshair is in the candle range of the trade?
      Oops, I must have forgotten it there as I was testing new feature for displaying additional trade information on mouse over. I'll fix that in the next version.
      Sorry
      Lucas

Comment

Originally Posted by Rainbow
        Does anyone experience black screen flicker with Rainbow on the chart? I was trying to find a solution for this issue for quite a long time, but I thought I finally resolved it as it never happened to me again.
        Because I just got a report of such a behavior...
        Thanks,
        Lucas

I do. It happens every now and then on the top side of the screen as I hover the mouse around the screen.
        Last edited by shicuco; 02-10-2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taddypole View Post
          Hi Locus,

I was trying to get another indicator working so didn't spend any time looking at it. And I don't really know what to look for in the log and trace files.

I did try several times because I thought it was the indicator I was working on that caused the problem. But as soon as I attached to the Ninja Trader process it immediately crashed and there was nothing I could do to investigate the cause. It took down Ninja and Visual Studio.I have a second machine with everything installed there and trying out visual studio on that machine, I noticed everything was still good when looking at the indicator I was working on. So the only difference on the first machine was Rainbow. Uninstalling the assembly put everything back to normal. I can look at it again tomorrow when I have time.

regards,
          taddypole...
          Hi Lucas,

I have some more information on the crash with Visual Studio Express. I have some attachments but still don't know what it all means.

regards,
          taddypole...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi folks,
            so ... I tried to address some of the issues you were talking about. As I'm not able to reproduce some of the them, I attached new version of Rainbow for you to try it out. After I get your consent, I'll put it on the download site and the rest of the people should get it through the auto-update if they have it turned on.

***** Version 0.1.1 *****
            - New feature: drawing tool presets
            - Added: hotkeys for other drawing tools
            - Added: parameter "1.6. Use screen buffer" (default Yes) - Disable this option if you experience black rectangle flicker on the top of the chart.
            - Fixed: directory name for storing indicator templates
            - Fixed: removed white line while having mouse over trade
            - (hopefully) Fixed: removed debug protection that might have caused crash when trying to debug indicators

Lucas
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Rainbow; 02-11-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Hi, Lucas,

I disabled the screen buffer setting and the flicker is gone.

Good job, mate!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
                Hi folks,
                so ... I tried to address some of the issues you were talking about. As I'm not able to reproduce some of the them, I attached new version of Rainbow for you to try it out. After I get your consent, I'll put it on the download site and the rest of the people should get it through the auto-update if they have it turned on.

***** Version 0.1.1 *****
                - New feature: drawing tool presets
                - Added: hotkeys for other drawing tools
                - Added: parameter "1.6. Use screen buffer" (default Yes) - Disable this option if you experience black rectangle flicker on the top of the chart.
                - Fixed: directory name for storing indicator templates
                - Fixed: removed white line while having mouse over trade
                - (hopefully) Fixed: removed debug protection that might have caused crash when trying to debug indicators

Lucas
                Hi Lucas,

I tried the new version of Rainbow and still have the crashing problem.The symptoms are all the same. No change.

regards,
                taddypole...

Comment

Awesome job, dude!
                  Finest Ninjatrader thing I've ever seen!

Comment

Data Window

I can't seem to get the data window functionality to work. It is enabled in settings am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi Hank_R,
                      What exactly do you mean by data window?
                      Lucas

Comment

I cannot get the bar values to display as in item 5 on the website.

Thanks

Comment

This overrides the default behavior of middle mouse click, which (without Rainbow) shows NT's databox. Also It must be turned on in the Databox+ configuration section, but it is by default. Let me know what happens if you click the middle mouse button to see if I can be of assistance here.
                          Lucas

Comment

That got it. I didn't even know that NT had that middle button feature LOL.

Thanks

Comment

Hi folks,

I've just posted a source code to the stripped "Enhanced trade visualization" feature from Rainbow. It can be downloaded at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...tid=-1&lpage=1

Lucas

Comment

Hello.

I want to report about significant cpu usage when rainbow cursor moving.
                                Here are some videos:

3 charts:
                                Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

1 big chart:
                                Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

6 small charts:

1 small chart, screen buffer On \ Off:

All videos was made when NT disconnected.

When connection is on and markets moving, Rainbow increase CPU usage from 25% to 50-80% on 6 charts.

So, I have to use Rainbow now only for offline charting ((

CPU: Intel i3-3220
                                Video: integrated
                                Memory: 6 Gb
                                System drive - SSD
                                Last edited by fx.practic; 02-22-2015, 03:52 PM.
                                fx.practic
                                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                                3 responses