Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Gann Swing Add-Ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gann Swing Add-Ons

So I bought NinjaTrader a few years back, Version 7.x. And just recently I upgraded to Version 8.x, or whatever. I posted back in year 2010 if anybody developed routines to chart Gann Swing Charts. Seven years later I'm revisiting these forums and find nobody's developed anything for Gann Swings.

So, separated by over seven years ... has anybody done any development on Gann Swing charts indicators?

Hello RonnyBoy,

I'm unaware of either a bar type or an indicator that gives you the WD Gann swing charts for NT, however oddly enough this has been on my list of things I'd like to build. I made a note of this ticket and if I get a chance in the coming months to put this together I will follow up.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fast Reply ... Thank You

I just was in Colorado, Denver, to be exact. Drove through the magnificent mountains. I'd rank those mountain ranges to be high second below the Grand Canyon in magnificence. Please keep me updated on your developmental stage of the simple Gann Swing methodology.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
        Hello RonnyBoy,

I'm unaware of either a bar type or an indicator that gives you the WD Gann swing charts for NT, however oddly enough this has been on my list of things I'd like to build. I made a note of this ticket and if I get a chance in the coming months to put this together I will follow up.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        A personal note of thank you for thinking about this.

Comment

Gann Swing Article

I thought I'd attach an article of an early use of Gann Swing charts for the benefit of other forum subscribers.

Upload limitation of this Support forum is 1mb per file. All five pages of article had to be separated into five pdf files with each pdf file less than 1mb to bypass limitation of file uploading. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.
          Attached Files

Comment

I had coded a similar swing trend indicator for NinjaTrader 7.

However, the peaks and valleys are based on a minimum deviation (after reversal) and the swing strength. Gann swings require two consecutive higher highs for a trend reversal up and two consecutive lower lows for a trend reversal down.

I believe that the swing indicator can easily be modified to comply with Gann's rules.

I also have a Gann High-Low-Activator available, which I could send you.

Attached is a chart with the swing indicator and the Gann High-Low-Activator. The chart background shows the trend, which is up since end of February 2016.
            Attached Files

Comment

There is one available on futures.io, it needs elite member to download it, its for ninja7.
              Thanks for the updated ProV2. One way I found out to modify the file is to edit in visual studio and save. Rather than edit in Ninjascript editor. ie to add exposed series EntryLevelLine, add it as an Public series and comment out or remove the the private remarks. But for anyone trying to add it as a strategy Condition the strategy builder does not setup the DataLoaded remark correctly, it should look something like: PriceActionSwingProV21 = PriceActionSwingProV2(Close,NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.PASEnums.SwingStyle.Gann, …

Comment

Originally posted by mokasha View Post
                There is one available on futures.io, it needs elite member to download it, its for ninja7.
                https://futures.io/ninjatrader/1272-...iscussion.html
                Actually this indicator is available in the free download section of the forum. No elite membership required.

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Comment

Good Progress Since Last Here in 2011 LOL

Thanks everyone for the quick response to my question as to whether or not there were further developments of the Gann Swing approach. Apparently there have been but since I've been out of the loop for so long, everything is New again for someone like me.

Thanks again, everyone.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Perr0Grande  
                  Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes