I can see futures data but not stock data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see futures data but not stock data

I'm connected to both Yahoo and Kinetick (both light up green on the lower left hand corner).

When I create a new chart I can see the data for futures but not for individual stocks. It shows up blank when I try to create a chart for stocks. Also when I backtest stocks everything comes up as zeros.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Hello sneakoner,

I assume you sent an email as well regarding this issue. Please see the response I sent by email below.

Can you please tell me what period type is selected in the stock chart. If you are using a daily interval, please select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu of the chart and check if you load data.

There is a known issue in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.6 which causes daily charts not to load data using most session templates. It is solved by using the 'Default 24/7' session template in the daily chart.

The issue will be fixed in the next version (7.0.1000.7) and does not occur in version 7.0.1000.5 either which is still available on our download page.

If you are not using a daily period type, please clarify if you are using the free Kinetick EOD feed or if you purchased a Kinetick subscription.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am having a similar issue. I can get data for one stock but not another.

In one workspace I have CL 08-11 futures on an intraday chart with a Zen-fire feed. I am trading a simulated account there.

In another workspace I am trying to create EOD charts using Kinetick or Yahoo. I get EOD data for one stock, DANG, but no data appears for AAPL. Both are in my default symbols list. The charts are just the default template, day type, 365 days to load, ending on today's date.

Here's what I have tried:
      • Close my futures workspace and disconnect from Zen-fire. No difference.
      • Disconnect from everything and go to Options->Data->Reset instruments. No effect after reconnecting.
      • Connect just to Yahoo. I get one bar for AAPL - today's.
      • Connect just to Kinetick. No data appears, not even one bar like with Yahoo.
      • Load other stocks: IBM, F, GOOG - nothing.

What's going on?

When I right-click on the chart and select Templates -> Load, I get no template choices. As far as I know it's using the default 24/7 template, as that's the one that comes up in the session manager.

-Alex
      Last edited by anachronist; 06-28-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the detailed information.

The default session template might not specifically be 'Default 24/7' as you are expecting. The session manager does not control the applied session template used in a chart - this is configured from the data series menu.

• Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
        • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ah ha! That worked. Thanks.

It's curious how one stock would display and the other one wouldn't on the same chart.

-Alex

Comment

stock data

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            Hello Alex,

Thank you for the detailed information.

The default session template might not specifically be 'Default 24/7' as you are expecting. The session manager does not control the applied session template used in a chart - this is configured from the data series menu.

• Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
            • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues.
            Hi i have been trying to get data for stocks on NT7, i connect to Kinetick. but my charts are all blank.
            i set season to default 24/7 still nothing. can someone please help me out.

Comment

Hello odmassion,

Could it be you are connected to the free Kinetick EOD connection? If so, please note that this connection only supports historical daily data. So tick and minute based charts will not load any data. You should load data in daily based charts.

If you purchased a Kinetick connection, please tell me what stocks you have tried so far.

Comment

Similar issue

I've tried populate charts on the SP500. I have Ninja Trader Continuum. I selected Default 24/7 on the Data Series. What might be wrong?

Comment

Hello CaptainAmericaXX,

Do you refer to the ES futures or SP500 stocks? Please note that the NinjaTrader Continuum connection only supports futures. It does not support stock data.

Comment

I was referring to SP500 stocks. I've pulled up AAPL and AMZN before. SP500, NASDAQ 100 etc are on the Instrument list. I can't open any of the the instruments under those headings.

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected as NinjaTrader Continuum does not provide any stock data. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

Could it be you were connected to the free Kinetick EOD connection when data was loaded for the AAPL and AMZN?

Comment

I understand now. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jclose
                        by jclose