Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Break time close

Hi,

When looking backwards at 3 line break charts, when I put the data box window above the box it give me a time. So if the time say 9:45 does this mean this is when the Box closed? Just trying to confirm.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Correct. NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time.

More information at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see, so how can you tell when the bar is still being "made" when it goes from still in motion to actually closing during live trading?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

When using time based bars, you could use the native Bar Timer indicator to countdown the time left in a bar. You can add this indicator to your chart in the Indicators menu, found by right-clicking within the chart and selecting "Indicators." Double click the Bar Timer indicator to add it to your chart, change any desired parameters on the right, and then click OK to confirm your selections. More information at the below link:

I also recommend making sure your PC's clock is synchronized when using this indicator. Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock: -Close NinjaTrader.
        -Open the Windows Control Panel
        -Select Date and Time
        -Press 'Change time zone...'.
        -Set the time zone and press 'OK'.
        -Click on Internet Time tab.
        -Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
        -Ensure to check for a message under the Update button that says it was successful.
        -If it did not properly sync, even after a few tries, try manually setting your PC clock and then syncing.
        Your PC clock should now be updated.

Comment

Three line breaks are not time based so my question is how do i confirm when the bar has closed on a 3 line break while in live sessions

Comment

kyamato,

Thanks for your reply post.

What period type is your Line Break chart based on? You can check by right-clicking within the chart and selecting Data Series.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_DrewO; 01-15-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

5 minute interval. but again that doesnt mean there is a bar every 5 minute.

Comment

kyamato, thank you for posting.

When a bar closes, a new bar will be created. The close time for the current bar that shows in the data box is not relevant so I would advise that you ignore what the close of the current bar shows.

LineBreak bars are built based solely on price movement with no regard to time or volume. The Line Breaks parameter sets the number of previous bar's high or low that price must break to draw a new bar.

More information about this can be found at the following help guide link:
                https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?bar_types.htm

Hope this helps. If questions come up or if we may be of further assistance, please let us know.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_DrewO; 01-15-2020, 01:31 PM.
                Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes