vpn connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vpn connection

I've been looking at obtaining a vpn service for my internet connection but i'm unsure if ninja would work through it?
    Most of these services hide your ip address by passing them through various proxy servers around the world and i don't know if ninja needs my proper ip address to be able to place trades?
    Was wondering if anyone out there has any advice or if anyone is using such a service how is it performing? speed, bandwidth, stability, reliability etc etc.
    Thanks.

Hello iz_sp,

Speedy Trading Servers is a supported technology partner which allows you to run NinjaTrader on a VPS (virtual private server). You can find their website at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello iz_sp,

Speedy Trading Servers is a supported technology partner which allows you to run NinjaTrader on a VPS (virtual private server). You can find their website at the link below.
      http://www.speedytradingservers.com/
      What is the difference between VPS and VPN, which one is better?

Comment

Hello AnastasiaBrown,
        Thanks for your post.
        The link below has an explanation of both and you can decidde what is best for your needs.
        Answer (1 of 14): VPS (Virtual Private Server) and VPN (Virtual Private Network) or vps vs vpn both are different technologies. VPN is a service that secures our data online While VPS is a server that you host your server on. Both the technologies can be used and work simultaneously. VPS server ...
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

VPN with Ninja Traders

Originally posted by iz_sp View Post
          I've been looking at obtaining a vpn service for my internet connection but i'm unsure if ninja would work through it?
          Most of these services hide your ip address by passing them through various proxy servers around the world and i don't know if ninja needs my proper ip address to be able to place trades?
          Was wondering if anyone out there has any advice or if anyone is using such a service how is it performing? speed, bandwidth, stability, reliability etc etc.
          Thanks.

I believe there will be no problem using a VPN with Ninja Traders but it really depends on the provider you know, Talk to the provider which gives live customer support like PureVPN and PIA. Ask the representative that would it work with Ninja Traders. They might give you the proper answer. For VPN I would recommend Express becuae I have used it personally and speed and bandwidth is just fine. You can also read a review on ExpressVPN to know about the services they offer and also some speed test results are their too. PS Mention the region you live in so you might check the servers placed near your location.

Comment

The dialog so far in this thread is nonsensical.

Now that internet providers will be selling user online history, more people will be using VPN's for privacy protection.

VPS and VPN are for different purposes. Asking which one is"better"... is that a joke?

The recommendations/advertisements for specific VPN's don't answer the original question.

The question is how the broker and data feed connections will be affected by connecting through a VPN. The slapdash misspelled posting mentioning the Quora thread doesn't address this at all.
            • Will the connections, and Ninjatrader, work correctly?
            • Will added latency of connecting through a VPN cause trading problems?
            • Is there an advantage to using VPS and VPN?

There is nothing here, so looks like the only way to find out is to try a VPN with a short term commitment and see for yourself.
            Last edited by Ricam; 05-21-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Will the connections, and Ninjatrader, work correctly?

Many clients use VPS and VPN service without issue, but it will depend on your specific circumstance.

Will added latency of connecting through a VPN cause trading problems?

There is a potential for this, however, it would be impossible to speculate if it would be an issue for you. This will depend on your specific circumstance.

Is there an advantage to using VPS and VPN?

We do not have any particular recommendation for using either, however, if you feel that security, speed, or any other advantage can be had by using these services then there is no fundamental limitation preventing NinjaTrader from running and connecting to your broker.

Any issues which arise would most likely be one of these three things:
              • hardware limitations on the VPS (not enough RAM, CPU power)

You can find more information about required and recommended hardware specs here:

NinjaTrader 7

NinjaTrader 8

• Connectivity issues related to quality/reliability of the connection
              • Connection issues caused by firewalls

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Denver_Wayne  
              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
              0 responses
              1 view