Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin for Ensign Stochastic

Hello,
    I see there is a differents in the stochastic in Ensign compare to NT7, is there a version of Ensign`s stoch. for NT? Especially Im interested of the Smoothed formula (MA) in the EnSign, wich is not contain in the ninjatrader.
    I have it for MT4, but i know they are different program languages, and cannot move the code in to ninjatrader.

Thanks.
    Last edited by nikodine; 12-08-2016, 06:02 AM.

Hello Nikodine,

Thank you for your note.

I do not have ensign so I’m unable to test but from the research I’ve done it seems Ninjatrader uses an SMA rather than an EMA like ensign does. There seems there is a lot of discussion online regarding this for which I suggest searching.

If indeed the only difference is the type of moving average, you could go to NinjaTrader Control Center>Tools>Edit NinjaScript, select the Stochastics indicator. An editor will pop up. Right click on the editor and click Save As. In this new copy you are able to modify the code and you could change lines 65 and 66 from SMA to EMA, then right click on the editor and click compile.

You may also consider searching the forum for Stochastics under search>NinjaScript files and it looks like there are adaptions which might be what you are looking for. See Screen Shot.

Link to Results:

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
      Hello Nikodine,

Thank you for your note.

I do not have ensign so I’m unable to test but from the research I’ve done it seems Ninjatrader uses an SMA rather than an EMA like ensign does. There seems there is a lot of discussion online regarding this for which I suggest searching.

If indeed the only difference is the type of moving average, you could go to NinjaTrader Control Center>Tools>Edit NinjaScript, select the Stochastics indicator. An editor will pop up. Right click on the editor and click Save As. In this new copy you are able to modify the code and you could change lines 65 and 66 from SMA to EMA, then right click on the editor and click compile.

You may also consider searching the forum for Stochastics under search>NinjaScript files and it looks like there are adaptions which might be what you are looking for. See Screen Shot.

Link to Results:

Thank you for sugges. AlanP, but as I said I have the ensign version of Stoch. on mt4 and even when I change the sma to ema on NT stoch. Still has difference when I compare them, so i thing there is something more. I saw the results in the forum and google about stoch. But so far i didnt find the exact. Answer or help.

Comment

Hello nikodine,

If you have the Ensign version you should be able to look at the Stochastics indicator in NinjaTrader and compare the two and modify the NinjaTrader code. In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post The_Sec
        by The_Sec

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM