only one week of back testing data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only one week of back testing data

I am using Ninja Trader Continuum data feed (I tried FXCM paper account too) with NinjaTrader 8 free version. May I know why I can only back test my data of 60 minutes candles for one week only for forex currency pair like EURUSD?

Hello jack1234,

NinjaTrader Continuum does not have data for Forex instruments. This connection type supports Futures.

The data showing on your chart is likely the historical data you have downloaded and cached to the computer from a different connection that does support Forex like FXCM or Forex.com.

To receive more Forex data, you will need to connect to a data feed or brokerage that supports Forex data.

Below is a link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on Data by provider which shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

Also here is a publicly available link to a list of the supported brokers with the NinjaTrader Platform.
    NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Here is a link to our Connections Guide which will have instructions to setup the provider in NinjaTrader (scroll to the bottom).

For a FXCM demo providing forex data, follow the same link to the demo signup page.
    Select Forex as the Asset class. When setting up the connection use NinjaTrader's historical data servers which do not limit the amount of historical data you may download.
    NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Therefore, free NT 8 does not limit the data feed?

Comment

Hello jack1234,

NinjaTrader 8 is a platform and is not a connection for data.
        You will need to create a connection for data.

The NinjaTrader Historical data servers that provided data for users connected to FXCM does not have limit on the amount of historical data that can be requested. The data available will be as far back as were recorded on these servers.

Comment

Hi,

Still, I use the free live feed data (http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData), and reload all the historical data, I still can only view 1 week of data. What's the problem?

Comment

Hello jack1234,

In the account connection settings, what is the historical data server you have chosen?

Who are you connected to?
            (This is shown with a green mark in the Connections menu of the Control Center)

Also, I am noticing that you are using NinjaTrader 8 and you have posted in the NinjaTrader 7 section of the forums. To make this post searchable I will move this to the NinjaTrader 8 section of the forums.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes