Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Starting point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting point

Hi,
    I have downloaded Visual Studio community edition and would like to integrate it with Ninja. Can you tell me where to start, how I 'plug in' to the ninja environment in order to start creating and debugging simple projects?

Many thanks.

Hello Grantx,

Thank you for the post.

If you have not used visual studio before, I would suggest to first use Microsofts guides and videos to acclimate yourself with visual studio and how to use its debugger. Our support does not provide assistance with using visual studio specifically but you can utilize it with NinjaTrader for debugging purposes.

After installing the platform, you would just need to click the visual studio button in the NinjaScript editors toolbar to open the NinjaTrader project. You can use the following guide to enable debugging: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...isual%2Bstudio

You can also see the following documentation and example project for creating addons using visual studio, please keep in mind the NinjaScript editor visual studio button/debugging and the example addon project are two totally different concepts: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...t_overview.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello Grantx,

Thank you for the post.

If you have not used visual studio before, I would suggest to first use Microsofts guides and videos to acclimate yourself with visual studio and how to use its debugger. Our support does not provide assistance with using visual studio specifically but you can utilize it with NinjaTrader for debugging purposes.

After installing the platform, you would just need to click the visual studio button in the NinjaScript editors toolbar to open the NinjaTrader project. You can use the following guide to enable debugging: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...isual%2Bstudio

You can also see the following documentation and example project for creating addons using visual studio, please keep in mind the NinjaScript editor visual studio button/debugging and the example addon project are two totally different concepts: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...t_overview.htm

Hi Jesse thanks for your reply. I have installed VS 2017 but Ninja tells me that it cannot find the installation. See attached. At first I tried loading it but Ninja informed me to close all instances of Visual Studio which I did. When I retried it said that it cant find the installation.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I have provided this information to development for further review. For the time being if you will be using 2017, you would need to manually open the .csproj file in the documents user data directory. Otherwise, you would need to continue using 2015 for the time being.

Once I have further details on this item I will reply back here.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes