Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Best ways to trade live with 2 broker connection/account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ways to trade live with 2 broker connection/account?

Hi,

I got a multi-broker license and want to trade with 2 brokers for different markets/contracts at the same time.

I opened workspaces for each brokers' contracts, connecting to the brokers one by one (one's TT & another IB). It seems that only 1 broker's feed and DOM is working at a time, another one will not be working at all. Is there no way to trade with 2 brokers/accounts for different markets/contracts at the same time?

If this is not possible, is there any better ways to switch (opening/closing) between connections and workspaces? Many thanks.

Just select the account you want to trade on DOM and there you go. However, feed comes from the first connection supporting this instrument type.

Comment

So the second connection is only for history data.

That means I have to make the broker's connection I want to trade with as the first one or the single connection?
      Last edited by pipal; 06-16-2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Incorrect.

- you select the broker connection by selecting the account you want to trade on
        - market data comes from the first connection which supports the instrument type in question
        - historical data comes from the first connection which supports the instrument type in question

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Incorrect.

- you select the broker connection by selecting the account you want to trade on
          - market data comes from the first connection which supports the instrument type in question
          - historical data comes from the first connection which supports the instrument type in question
          Thanks Dierk, my TT's broker only support CME instruments, and my IB account only support Asian Market Indices and that also why I need 2 brokers to trade with. So I shouldn't have problem as you suggested. I don't know what problem now I encounter.

I attached two picture captured live for your reference. The first one shows I choose the TT's account that I want to trade CME Euro but you can you can see the data above is still STW's feed from IB. The feed just don't change from STW to CME Euro, unless I switch the connection between TT & IB.

The second picture just shows the IB is connected as the first, TT as the second.

Comment

Sorry, I don't follow.
            - if you connect IB first, then 6E data comes from IB
            - if you connect TT first, then 6E data comes from TT

I suggest retrying as markets are open.

Also: Not sure what "STW" is.

Comment

Sorry, I don't follow.
              - if you connect IB first, then 6E data comes from IB
              - if you connect TT first, then 6E data comes from TT

I suggest retrying as markets are open.

Also: Not sure what "STW" is.
              OK You are suggesting that I can trade 6E regardless of which connection comes first, in case both my IB and TT have 6E feed.

My case is my TT only have CME feed, and my IB account only support Asian Indices. Their feed are not overlapping at all. Is that means I have to switch connection? If I want to trade CME contracts, I have to make TT first, as my IB account doesn't support CME feed. If I want to trade Asain Futures, I have to make IB as the first one, as my TT account doesn't support Asian Feed.

P.S. STW is SGX's Taiwanese Index.

Comment

Please see my post below: Since TT and IB technically both support futures, market data for futures (like the 6E) comes from the first connection you connect to.

-> in your situation you need to connect to TT first to get data for the 6E. Since TT does not technically support indexes, you'll get market data for indexes from IB, your second connection.

Comment

Please see my post below: Since TT and IB technically both support futures, market data for futures (like the 6E) comes from the first connection you connect to.

-> in your situation you need to connect to TT first to get data for the 6E. Since TT does not technically support indexes, you'll get market data for indexes from IB, your second connection.
                  Thanks Dierk, I follow what you suggested, but still doesn't work. Both 6E and HSI marekts are open on the following captures. When I change the account/instrutment from 6E to HSI (TT as first and IB as second). The DOM doesn't move at all but still keep the 6e old data above.

P.S. My TT's account doesn't support Asian markets and that's why I need to trade with IB. And if I want IB to provide CME's feed, I need to subscibe the feed but I don't trade CME with IB and I assume IB's feed is no better than TT's. I would try to use the TT's feed if possible.

Comment

As explained below data comes the first connection supporting the instrument type in question. HSI is a future, thus if you connect TT first then HSI data will be pulled from TT.

-> you need to connect to IB first to see HSI data.

Hope this is clear now.

Comment

As explained below data comes the first connection supporting the instrument type in question. HSI is a future, thus if you connect TT first then HSI data will be pulled from TT.

-> you need to connect to IB first to see HSI data.

Hope this is clear now.
                      Then for my case, I need to connect to TT first to see CME data, and I need to connect to IB first to see HSI data etc.

Comment

That is correct

Comment

Originally posted by pipal View Post
                          Hi,

I got a multi-broker license and want to trade with 2 brokers for different markets/contracts at the same time.

I opened workspaces for each brokers' contracts, connecting to the brokers one by one (one's TT & another IB). It seems that only 1 broker's feed and DOM is working at a time, another one will not be working at all. Is there no way to trade with 2 brokers/accounts for different markets/contracts at the same time?

If this is not possible, is there any better ways to switch (opening/closing) between connections and workspaces? Many thanks.
                          I am in the same predicament..... did you find a solution?

Comment

I suggest to take a look at the following link, which will provide you information regarding multiple account connections.
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jclose
                            by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                            10 responses