Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug: Textboxes globally bound on ChartTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Textboxes globally bound on ChartTrader

Any Textbox or PriceUpdown Control which is added to the ChartTrader is being bound automatically to the Instrument Search Selector.

As soon as you start typing in the textbox the instrument search tool overlays on the chart.

I have attached a very simple addon that adds a textbox and PriceUpdown to the ChartTrader to illustrate the problem.

Cheers,

Kevin
    Attached Files

Hello Kevin,

Please see the following thread for more information about how to prevent the instrument selector overlay.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Chelsea,

thanks for the speedy response. Was not expecting a response at the weekend!! Dedication!!

The example you sent me is for textboxes, however Price and Quantity boxes have their own Business logic for data entry.

Are we seriously expected to re-implement the already-implemented business logic for these controls to get around the greedy-event-binding on the instrument selector?? Wouldn't it be a better solution to make the instrument selector binding not-so-greedy??

For now I've had to disable the boxes and am using mouse wheel - I don't have time to figure out the business rules for price and quantity boxes.

Comment

Hello reach4thelasers,

At this time adding this code to handlers for controls that are typed into is necessary.

I've submitted a feature request on your behalf to automatically prevent the instrument overlay selector when typing into custom added wpf controls.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will forward this to you for future reference.

Please note, it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a request will be implemented.

Comment

Hello reach4thelasers,

For future reference, your request to suppress the instrument overlay selector for added wpf controls is being tracked with ID #SFT-1192.

We appreciate the feedback. Please let me know of any other requests you have for the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
          20 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
          3 responses