Navigation through instruments on the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation through instruments on the chart

I find it very problematic and frustrating to navigate through the list of instruments on the chart. From a dropdown list we can only select instruments from "Default" list and all the other need to have their Ticker symbol typed in the box. It kills the idea of having separate instruments list as at the moment to access all of the stocks I had to put them under "Default" list.

I would be really glad to have ability to link "Instruments Manager" window to the chart so I could easily navigate through position in the list (ie: whenever I select instrument in "Instruments Manager" window linked chart will be automatically updated with a new instrument)

What would be even better is if there would be new separate and slim window called "Instruments Lists" with all available lists and instruments which I could link to various charts

Having these you would in reality introduce some basic features of Portfolio Management to NinjaTrader.

From my personal perspective - If I would have just this simple functionality I could get rid of the other charting software I use at the moment as NT is so much better in other aspects.

Thanks

Hello gregid,

Thank you for your post.

If you add your instrument lists to a market analyzer window and link the market analyzer window to a chart, clicking on any individual instrument within the market analyzer will change the displayed instrument on the chart. I believe that this may fit your needs.

For more information about the market analyzer, please see the following link:http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview38.html

For more information about window linking, please see this link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview35.html

Please let me know if this will do the trick for you.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It did a trick!

Thanks a lot Kyle!

It works a treat... I only wish I did write my post before as that would save me a lot of time and frustration!

Best wishes

Comment

One more question

Hi Kyle

I find Market Analyzer link quite useful but I have problem once I add instruments list and I would to change it to the other list.
        When I Add new Instrument List all new instruments are being added below previously added.
        Is there any way to clear the list in Market Analyzer without the need to laborously selecting each instrument right click and selecting Remove Instrument?

I know I can eventually close Market Analyzer and open new one again but is there any other more sensible approach

Thanks again

Comment

Hi gregid,

Thank you for your reply.

The best method would be to close and open a new market analyzer.
          Alternatively, you could use seperate market analyzers for each list.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes