A few ideas for charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few ideas for charting

I've been using charting for daytrading lately and it's quite frustrating. I'd like to propose two new features:

1 - when you draw a shape, it should use the same color as the previous color. Reverting to blue size 1 every time is very frustrating because I have to click several times to change the color of each line I draw.

2 - Make shape properties a cascading menu and have color & size on the menu so that I can change them without clicking to open a dialog box.

3 - When I click on a shape, it often moves on me and I have no idea where it was. Most drawing programs use a XOR mask to invert the color of the line so that the user can move it around and still see where it was. This way I can put the line back where it was if I want. As it is now, if I click on a pivot and it moves I have to go look up the value some place else and then put it back. This is very frustrating because it happens all the time. Same for trendlines.

I hope these features will make it into NT7. Without them I'm most likely going to be using QuoteTracker for charting.

Hello cunparis,

Please double click the drawing object to open its properties menu. Modify the settings to your liking and click 'Set Default'. Subsequent drawing objects of the same type will use the modified settings.

As per your other suggestions, I will forward your them to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello cunparis,

Please double click the drawing object to open its properties menu. Modify the settings to your liking and click 'Set Default'. Subsequent drawing objects of the same type will use the modified settings.

As per your other suggestions, I will forward your them to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
      Didn't know we could double click. That'll save me some time. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ghoul
      by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes