Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily data missing

Hi Everyone,

Seems a few people have posted this question, but I can't seem to find a solution to this. Probably very easy to solve but I'm stuck.

On the market analyser, there appears to be no data... I'm using end of day and would like to fill the tool with data for long term alerts on generic futures. Am I doing something wrong? how do I get the tool populated with data?

Thanks

See screenshot for an example.

Cheers
    Attached Files

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want live data in this tool if that's the problem, Just end of day would be fine. Is this something someone can help out with in terms of advice?

Comment

Hello Coddey,

A real time data feed is required to populate the Market Analyzer

Data will not populate in the Market Analyzer when using just a historical end of day feed
      Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

AskPrice, BidPrice, LastClose not populating in MarketAnalyzer

I am trying to create a end of day report that I can be exporting to excel from MarketAnalyzer. For some reason indicator data is populating but not price data. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Hello*Kimland,

Real time data is required for the Market Analyzer to populate.

The Kinetick EOD feed will not populate the Market Analyzer.*

Comment

Hey Christopher,
            I was successful using EOD data in Market Analyzer in NT7, had to add an indicator to a column and select PriorDayOHLC. I've tried the same with NT8 but it does not work. Why don't you allow EOD data in Market Analyzer? It is such a useful tool for scanning possible securities to focus on and should have the ability to do it with EOD data for researching next trading possibilities.

Comment

Hello proks,

It is not expected for the Market Analyzer to populate when using an EOD feed in NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

I've been using it with NT7 and Kinetic EOD for a long time and it works great. I create columns in Market Analyzer for specific indicators (one of them being PriorDayOHLC) to scan instrument lists (for example, the entire NASDAQ or NYSE exchange) for potential buy signals then link to a chart for analysis and strategy backtesting, etc. I don't use any real-time data since I do not day trade and only research trades at night using the open and close prices of the day bars then place my trades in the morning before going to work.

I'd like to continue using this system with NT8 and do not understand how or why you would have cut out this existing functionality. There must be a work-around to be able to use the data like was done in NT7.

Comment

Hello proks,

Thank you for your post,

I have tested this scenario in both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8; both do not allow for the PriorOHLC indicator or other columns to populate.

Nothing populating with data would be expected behavior when using the Kinetick EOD feed, what you are experiencing with NinjaTrader 7 is unexpected.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com along with a link to this forum post and your log and trace files.

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160707.xxxx.txt"
                  You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160707.xxxx.txt"
                  Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Solution

Hi proks,

I had the exact same problem. I adapted one of the NinjaTrader indicators to do exactly what we are both looking for. End of day analysis of stocks on daily bars.

Use this indicator as a column in your Market Analyzer and be sure to set the Days Back to 3 or more so it finds the last trading day. You can configure it provide any of the OHLC values you need.

Cheers!
                    Attached Files
                    daqu40
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QTradez

Comment

Originally posted by daqu40 View Post
                      Hi proks,

I had the exact same problem. I adapted one of the NinjaTrader indicators to do exactly what we are both looking for. End of day analysis of stocks on daily bars.

Use this indicator as a column in your Market Analyzer and be sure to set the Days Back to 3 or more so it finds the last trading day. You can configure it provide any of the OHLC values you need.

Cheers!
                      This indicator is for NInja8 Only correct? Is there one for Ninja 7? I would assume I could simply open the file in notepad and transfer the logic to a ninja 7 indicator correct?

Comment

Hello stalt

Thank you for your post,

NinjaTrader 7 indicators will need to be re-written for use with NinjaTrader 8, see the below link for more information.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...24&postcount=4.

I also suggest reviewing the below link to the NinjaTrader 8 code-breaking changes.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm
                        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's correct stalt,

I see Eric replied with some info to help you with the process. This was 5 minutes to do in NT8 and should be equally simple in NT7.

Happy Coding.
                          daqu40
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QTradez

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CortexZenUSA